-   -   DVD support for Xubuntu 12.04 (http://www.linux-archive.org/xubuntu-user/662435-dvd-support-xubuntu-12-04-a.html)

Dave 05-02-2012 08:38 PM

DVD support for Xubuntu 12.04

Guys,

I've done a clean install of Xubuntu 12.04, how do I install DVD support? The usual install of libdvdcss2 as I used to do with Ubuntu doesn't work, I get a message that the package is not available.

Thanks

Dave

Joshua O'Leary 05-02-2012 09:37 PM

DVD support for Xubuntu 12.04

I've done a clean install of Xubuntu 12.04, how do I install DVD
support? The usual install of libdvdcss2 as I used to do with
Ubuntu doesn't work, I get a message that the package is not
available.

Thanks

Dave

Hi,

Have you install libdvdnav4 and libdvdread4? I've found that, after
installing them, and then running

/usr/share/doc/libdvdread4/install-css.sh

from the command line, dvd css is then installed. If that doesn't
work, there must be another way of getting it to work.

Joshua

TOM TOM 05-02-2012 09:54 PM

DVD support for Xubuntu 12.04

I've done a clean install of Xubuntu 12.04, how do I install DVD
support? The usual install of libdvdcss2 as I used to do with
Ubuntu doesn't work, I get a message that the package is not
available.

Thanks

Dave

Hi,

Have you install libdvdnav4 and libdvdread4? I've found that, after
installing them, and then running

/usr/share/doc/libdvdread4/install-css.sh

from the command line, dvd css is then installed. If that doesn't
work, there must be another way of getting it to work.

Joshua

using VLC might be another choice.

Steve Grace 05-03-2012 02:55 AM

DVD support for Xubuntu 12.04