Old 04-08-2008, 12:48 PM
"J. Scott Edwards"

Default Are the .iso files for Xubuntu 6.10 and 7.04 available somewhere?

On Tue, Apr 8, 2008 at 6:22 AM, Vincent <imnotb@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 4/8/08, J. Scott Edwards <wowidb.org@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > Can anyone point me to where I could download the Xubuntu 6.10 and
> > 7.04 .iso files?
> >
> > Also can anyone tell me if there was a 6.06 (without the .1) release of
> Xubuntu?
> >
> > As part of a project I am working on I am logging the MD5, SHA1,
> > SHA256, and SHA512 checksums for all of the Ubuntu and it's variant's
> > .iso files. I would like the list to be as complete as possible.
> > Although there is probably not much interest or usefulness in this at
> > this time, the lists are at http://www.worldwide-database.org/ if
> > anyone wants to see them. I know it is anal retentive of me but I
> > wanted to do all of them in order, so I would like to have the
> > Xubuntus file before I continue with the other Ubuntu and Kubuntu
> > releases.
>
> You'll want http://cdimages.ubuntu.com/xubuntu/releases/6.10/release/ and
> http://cdimages.ubuntu.com/xubuntu/releases/7.04/release/ , and probably
> just http://cdimages.ubuntu.com/.
>
> Note how those pages also list the MD5 sums:
> http://cdimages.ubuntu.com/xubuntu/releases/7.04/release/MD5SUMS
> Might save you some work
>

> > Thanks for your help,
> > -Scott
>
> --
> Vincent

Hi Vincent,

Thanks, that was exactly what I was looking for! I actually input the
MD5SUMS and then it verifies those before storing the SHA checksums.

-Scott

Old 04-08-2008, 01:06 PM
"J. Scott Edwards"

On Tue, Apr 8, 2008 at 6:23 AM, Jesus Gamio <jgamio@gmail.com> wrote:
> check out these link
>
> http://cdimage.ubuntu.com/xubuntu/releases/

[snip]
> --
> Jesús A. Gamio C.

Thanks! That is what I needed!

I also wanted to add to my previous reply to Vincent. As I said in my
original posting, I doubt the SHA checksums are of very much use to
anyone as the MD5SUMS are good enough. I am doing them as part of a
project I'm working on, it is purely experimental at this point and I
plan to add more information in the future. I do think it is kind of
nice to see a list of all the Ubuntu family files in one place. I had
no idea there were that many different files when I started (this
turned out to be a much larger task that I expected. ;-)

Thanks again to everyone.