Old 04-08-2008, 12:44 PM
Daniele

Default xfce menu categories

Hi list,

is there a list of the categories that xfce can use to build the
system menu? I mean, not every category in a .desktop file is used by
xfce, for example the TextEditor category (which I fond in the
mousepad.desktop file) seems useless. Can anybody point me to some
page that explains this topic in detail?

thanks a lot,
Daniele

Old 04-08-2008, 01:54 PM
Vincent

is there a list of the categories that xfce can use to build the
system menu? I mean, not every category in a .desktop file is used by
xfce, for example the TextEditor category (which I fond in the

mousepad.desktop file) seems useless. Can anybody point me to some
page that explains this topic in detail?
I found http://standards.freedesktop.org/desktop-entry-spec/desktop-entry-spec-1.1.html#recognized-keys which redirected me to http://standards.freedesktop.org/menu-spec/menu-spec-1.0.html#category-registry

thanks a lot,
Daniele

--

Vincent

Old 04-08-2008, 02:22 PM
Daniele

2008/4/8, Vincent <imnotb@gmail.com>:

> I found
> http://standards.freedesktop.org/desktop-entry-spec/desktop-entry-spec-1.1.html#recognized-keys
> which redirected me to
> http://standards.freedesktop.org/menu-spec/menu-spec-1.0.html#category-registry

Awesome vincent, thank you!
I assume XFCE menu only uses the "main categories".

Daniele