Old 05-02-2012, 12:41 AM
David Emme

Default Unable to Boot Xubuntu 12.04 Live CD

I have a MacPro 1,1. I downloaded the Xubuntu amd64 12.04 Live CD from
http://mirror.anl.gov/pub/ubuntu-iso/CDs-Xubuntu/12.04/release/, but
cannot boot it. I get the (apparently) well-known "Select CD-ROM Boot
Type:" problem, and cannot proceed from there.

Research indicates that my older Intel Mac has an EFI conflict with this
CD. I had the same problem with the Xubuntu 11.10 CD; the Ubuntu 11.10
CD boots on my machine just fine.

I see the apparently required "+mac" ISO image for Ubuntu, but none for
Xubuntu at the above URL. What am I missing?

TIA,
-Dave
--
Silent gratitude isn't very much use to anyone.
- G. B. Stearn

Old 05-02-2012, 01:02 AM
Charlie Kravetz