Old 05-01-2012, 09:06 AM
Markus Kögler

Default Xubuntu 12.04 AMD64: Hotkey for "Maximize Window" ignored, Application Hotkeys delayed

Hi,

i just did a fresh install of Xubuntu 12.04 AMD64 with the Alternate
CD and Disk Encryption on my Thinkpad x220.

Two problems:

1. The hotkey for maximizing windows (ALT+F7) is ignored.
After changing it to Super+UP it is working till a reboot, then it is
ignored again.

2. Application Hotkeys like Super+W oder Super+T take a long time
until they are recognized after the startup.
I can start Firefox via menu but the hotkey is not working

BR,
Markus

Old 05-01-2012, 02:59 PM
Steve Grace

i just did a fresh install of Xubuntu 12.04 AMD64 with the Alternate
CD and Disk Encryption on my Thinkpad x220.

1. The hotkey for maximizing windows (ALT+F7) is ignored.

I installed from the regular AMD64 Live CD (without disk encryption) and
noticed this as well. Alt+F5 and Alt+F6 work fine; Alt+F7 doesn't.