Old 05-01-2012, 04:14 AM
Italo Maia

Default ssh and ssh-agent and always asking for passphrase...

When I use ssh with ubuntu, it asks me once for the ssh passphrase and all the subsequent ssh atempts go without any passphrase request. With xubuntu, it keeps asking for the passphrasewhenever I use ssh. Why is that? How can I get xubuntu to behave more like ubuntu in this matter.

--
"A arrogância é a arma dos fracos."

===========================
Italo Moreira Campelo Maia
Bacharel em Ciência da Computação - UECE
Desenvolvedor WEB e Desktop (Java, Python, Lua)

Coordenador do Pug-CE
http://www.italomaia.com/
http://twitter.com/italomaia/

http://eusouolobomau.blogspot.com/
Turtle Linux* 9.10 - http://tiny.cc/blogturtle910

Turtle Linux 10.10 - http://bit.ly/cEw4ET

Old 05-01-2012, 04:30 AM
Ru

Do you mean the keyring paraphrase ? I had this problem with password in Pidgin always asking me for the Passphrase when ever I started it. To solve this problem I installed seahorse password and encryption manager * you can find it in the software center* just search for seahorse

hope this helps.

When I use ssh with ubuntu, it asks me once for the ssh passphrase and all the subsequent ssh atempts go without any passphrase request. With xubuntu, it keeps asking for the passphrasewhenever I use ssh. Why is that? How can I get xubuntu to behave more like ubuntu in this matter.

--
"A arrogância é a arma dos fracos."

===========================
Italo Moreira Campelo Maia
Bacharel em Ciência da Computação - UECE
Desenvolvedor WEB e Desktop (Java, Python, Lua)

Coordenador do Pug-CE
http://www.italomaia.com/
http://twitter.com/italomaia/

http://eusouolobomau.blogspot.com/
Turtle Linux* 9.10 - http://tiny.cc/blogturtle910

Turtle Linux 10.10 - http://bit.ly/cEw4ET

"Never Let anyone
Tell You How To Live Your Life,
Value Your Freedom"

~Rebecca McCarthy (1947-1998)~

Old 05-01-2012, 08:43 AM
Benoit

No Seahorse doesn't work.

Just delete the content of the "keyrings" folder in ~/.gnome2 and
restart.

It worked for me. The content had been refilled since but I haven't
till now the keyring paraphrase anymore.

Old 05-01-2012, 08:53 AM

seahorse works fine for me, deleting the keyrings folder in .gnome2 works for awhile but the same old problem returns ,the issue is that the keyring is not unlocking when you login.

Old 05-01-2012, 03:13 PM
Joshua O'Leary

seahorse works fine for me, deleting the keyrings
folder in .gnome2 works for awhile but the same old problem
returns ,the issue is that the keyring is not unlocking when you
login.

On , Benoit <frombenny@aliceadsl.fr> wrote:

> No Seahorse doesn't work.

> Just delete the content of the "keyrings" folder in ~/.gnome2
and

> restart.

> It worked for me. The content had been refilled since but I
haven't

> till now the keyring paraphrase anymore.

> Le 01/05/2012 06:30, Ru a écrit*:

> Do you mean the keyring paraphrase ? I had this

> problem with password in Pidgin always asking me for the

> Passphrase when ever I started it. To solve this problem I

> installed seahorse password and encryption manager * you can
find

> it in the software center* just search for seahorse

> hope this helps.

> On Tue, May 1, 2012 at 4:14 PM, Italo

> Maia italo.maia@gmail.com>

> wrote:

> When I use ssh with ubuntu, it asks me once for the ssh

> passphrase and all the subsequent ssh atempts go without any

> passphrase request. With xubuntu, it keeps asking for the

> passphrase

> whenever I use ssh. Why is that? How can I get xubuntu to

> behave more like ubuntu in this matter.

> --

> "A arrogância é a arma dos fracos."

> ===========================

> Italo Moreira Campelo Maia

> Bacharel em Ciência da Computação - UECE

> Desenvolvedor WEB e Desktop (Java, Python, Lua)

> Coordenador do Pug-CE

> http://www.italomaia.com/

> http://twitter.com/italomaia/

> http://eusouolobomau.blogspot.com/

> Turtle Linux* 9.10 - http://tiny.cc/blogturtle910

> Turtle Linux 10.10 - http://bit.ly/cEw4ET

> ===========================

> xubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com

> Modify settings or unsubscribe at:

> "Never Let anyone

> Tell You How To Live Your Life,

> Value Your Freedom"

> ~Rebecca McCarthy (1947-1998)~

You could make this work on any program without a password by
copying the client's public key (~/.ssh/id_dsa.pub or id_rsa.pub on
the client machine) and pasting it into ~/.ssh/authorised_keys on
the server machine. That way your connection is very secure without
having to enter a password on any program.

Joshua