Old 04-30-2012, 05:25 PM
Joshua O'Leary

Default Touchpad Scrolling/Tapping

Is it just me, or has touchpad scrolling and tapping stopped working in
Xubuntu 12.04? It doesn't work even after installing
gpointing-device-settings and tweaking it.

Joshua

Old 04-30-2012, 05:29 PM
Joshua O'Leary

Is it just me, or has touchpad scrolling and tapping stopped working
in Xubuntu 12.04? It doesn't work even after installing
gpointing-device-settings and tweaking it.

Joshua

Rebooted my netbook, now seems to work fine. Odd =-O

Old 04-30-2012, 05:47 PM
Jim Byrnes

Is it just me, or has touchpad scrolling and tapping stopped working
in Xubuntu 12.04? It doesn't work even after installing
gpointing-device-settings and tweaking it.

Joshua

Rebooted my netbook, now seems to work fine. Odd =-O

It happened to me on a lenovo thinkpad and to make it a little more odd
I was looking through the settings for the touch pad when it happened. A
reboot fixed it for me also.

Regards, Jim

Old 04-30-2012, 06:11 PM
Joshua O'Leary

Is it just me, or has touchpad scrolling and tapping stopped working
in Xubuntu 12.04? It doesn't work even after installing
gpointing-device-settings and tweaking it.

Joshua

Rebooted my netbook, now seems to work fine. Odd =-O

It happened to me on a lenovo thinkpad and to make it a little more
odd I was looking through the settings for the touch pad when it
happened. A reboot fixed it for me also.

Regards, Jim

I think rm -rf .gconf may fix it in the future (though may lose settings!)