-   -   Touchpad Scrolling/Tapping (http://www.linux-archive.org/xubuntu-user/661479-touchpad-scrolling-tapping.html)

Joshua O'Leary 04-30-2012 05:25 PM

Touchpad Scrolling/Tapping

Is it just me, or has touchpad scrolling and tapping stopped working in
Xubuntu 12.04? It doesn't work even after installing
gpointing-device-settings and tweaking it.

Joshua

Joshua O'Leary 04-30-2012 05:29 PM

Touchpad Scrolling/Tapping

Is it just me, or has touchpad scrolling and tapping stopped working
in Xubuntu 12.04? It doesn't work even after installing
gpointing-device-settings and tweaking it.

Joshua

Rebooted my netbook, now seems to work fine. Odd =-O

Jim Byrnes 04-30-2012 05:47 PM

Touchpad Scrolling/Tapping

Is it just me, or has touchpad scrolling and tapping stopped working
in Xubuntu 12.04? It doesn't work even after installing
gpointing-device-settings and tweaking it.

Joshua

Rebooted my netbook, now seems to work fine. Odd =-O

It happened to me on a lenovo thinkpad and to make it a little more odd
I was looking through the settings for the touch pad when it happened. A
reboot fixed it for me also.

Regards, Jim

Joshua O'Leary 04-30-2012 06:11 PM

Touchpad Scrolling/Tapping

Is it just me, or has touchpad scrolling and tapping stopped working
in Xubuntu 12.04? It doesn't work even after installing
gpointing-device-settings and tweaking it.

Joshua

Rebooted my netbook, now seems to work fine. Odd =-O

It happened to me on a lenovo thinkpad and to make it a little more
odd I was looking through the settings for the touch pad when it
happened. A reboot fixed it for me also.

Regards, Jim

I think rm -rf .gconf may fix it in the future (though may lose settings!)