Old 04-30-2012, 01:37 PM
Os Maleus

Default Broadcom-adapter for wifi and bluetooth still disappointing

Hey all together!

*

I am using the XUbunutu since almost a year. As a newbe on Linux systems and working with Lenovo Ideapad U160 and the S10-3, I am very sattisfied with that.

The only thing I am very sad about is that the Broadcom-adapter for wifi and bluetooth doesn't work properly. I was very much hoping that the new release would fix that, since the issue is effecting actually not only Ideapad-users like me but those who are having (at least certain models of) dell machines as well.

Can somebody of the developers say, whether there is a work-around on this issue taking place at all? Or can somebody give me some good advise how to fix that perhaps?

*

Thank You very much in forward,

*

Os

Old 04-30-2012, 07:14 PM
Ru

Hello I have a Leovo Laptop aswell I was able to get the Broadcom
Wireless working using these instructions,
http://nfolamp.wordpress.com/2011/10/15/ubuntu-11-10-getting-wireless-bcm4311-working/

It's for Ubuntu 11.10 but works for 12.04 too

Hope this helps

Ru.

--
*"Never Let anyone