Old 04-29-2012, 02:45 PM
"Kevin O'Gorman"

Default Switching ubuntu -> xubuntu

I saw this guidance on removing stuff from other *buntu flavors:
http://www.psychocats.net/ubuntu/purexfce

My desktop was originally Ubuntu. I added xubuntu-desktop and like it
fine. Is removing stuff really going to make this Xubuntu, or should
I install Xubuntu on a spare partition and switch to that? Or maybe
use an xubuntu CD for an update?

--
Kevin O'Gorman, PhD

Old 04-29-2012, 03:37 PM
Achilles

Xubuntu is nothing but ubuntu with xubuntu-desktop. So installing
'xubuntu-desktop' is sufficient to get Xubuntu.

On 4/29/12, Kevin O'Gorman <kogorman@gmail.com> wrote:
> I saw this guidance on removing stuff from other *buntu flavors:
> http://www.psychocats.net/ubuntu/purexfce
>
> My desktop was originally Ubuntu. I added xubuntu-desktop and like it
> fine. Is removing stuff really going to make this Xubuntu, or should
> I install Xubuntu on a spare partition and switch to that? Or maybe
> use an xubuntu CD for an update?
>
> --
> Kevin O'Gorman, PhD

Sent from my mobile device

Old 04-29-2012, 05:07 PM
Jason Ward

Thats simply not true, installing*xubuntu-desktop without uninstalling lots of other bits leaves you with a bastardised install.

Xubuntu is nothing but ubuntu with xubuntu-desktop. So installing

'xubuntu-desktop' is sufficient to get Xubuntu.

On 4/29/12, Kevin O'Gorman <kogorman@gmail.com> wrote:

> I saw this guidance on removing stuff from other *buntu flavors:

> http://www.psychocats.net/ubuntu/purexfce

> My desktop was originally Ubuntu. I added xubuntu-desktop and like it

> fine. *Is removing stuff really going to make this Xubuntu, or should

> I install Xubuntu on a spare partition and switch to that? *Or maybe

> use an xubuntu CD for an update?

> --

> Kevin O'Gorman, PhD

Sent from my mobile device