-   -   changing workspaces (http://www.linux-archive.org/xubuntu-user/660870-changing-workspaces.html)

Norman Silverstone 04-29-2012 09:36 AM

changing workspaces

From time to time and for no apparent reason the workspaces change
sequentially and, once started, never seem to stop. I am using Xubuntu
11.10 and would welcome some suggestions on overcoming this problem.
Thanks in advance

Norman

Joshua O'Leary 04-29-2012 02:19 PM

changing workspaces

On 29/04/12 10:36, Norman Silverstone wrote:

> From time to time and for no apparent reason the workspaces change
sequentially and, once started, never seem to stop. I am using Xubuntu
11.10 and would welcome some suggestions on overcoming this problem.
Thanks in advance

Norman

This is probably down to the mousewheel changing the workspaces when
moved on the desktop. You can disable this by going into the Xfce
settings manager (Main menu>Settings>Settings manager), clicking on
section 'Window Manager Tweaks', clicking the 'Workspaces' tab, and
unticking the box that says 'Use the mouse wheel on the desktop to
switch workspaces'. I've disabled this on my system because it is rather
annoying and oversensitive.

Joshua