Old 04-28-2012, 03:41 PM
"Kevin O'Gorman"

Default Need help getting started with bittorrent

I've got transmission-gtk up. I can start it. I have no idea how to use it.

I want to download some isos to install 12.04. I have some other
stuff that I would not mind offering.

I've tried looking for documentation, but all I find is statements
that this is easy, plus sites on the protocols, developer stuff and so
on.

I'd really like a quick step-by-step for getting
xubuntu-12.04-desktop-i386.iso.torrent for starters.

--
Kevin O'Gorman, PhD

Old 04-28-2012, 03:46 PM
Davide Alberelli

> I've got transmission-gtk up. *I can start it. *I have no idea how to use it.
>
> I want to download some isos to install 12.04. *I have some other
> stuff that I would not mind offering.
>
> I've tried looking for documentation, but all I find is statements
> that this is easy, plus sites on the protocols, developer stuff and so
> on.
>
> I'd really like a quick step-by-step for getting
> xubuntu-12.04-desktop-i386.iso.torrent for starters.

Go here:*http://cdimage.ubuntu.com/xubuntu/releases/12.04/release/xubuntu-12.04-alternate-i386.iso.torrent
Then double click on the downloaded .torrent file.

Transmission should open it.

--
Davide Alberelli.
___

Old 04-28-2012, 03:48 PM
Colin Law

On 28 April 2012 16:41, Kevin O'Gorman <kogorman@gmail.com> wrote:
> I've got transmission-gtk up. *I can start it. *I have no idea how to use it.
>
> I want to download some isos to install 12.04. *I have some other
> stuff that I would not mind offering.
>
> I've tried looking for documentation, but all I find is statements
> that this is easy, plus sites on the protocols, developer stuff and so
> on.
>
> I'd really like a quick step-by-step for getting
> xubuntu-12.04-desktop-i386.iso.torrent for starters.

If you just open the .torrent file at
http://torrent.ubuntu.com/xubuntu/releases/precise/release/desktop/
(google found this for me) in your browser then it should offer to
open it with transmission, unless it is different in xubuntu, if that
is what you are using.

Colin

Old 04-28-2012, 03:50 PM
James Plate

To get the 12.04 Torrent Downloads you can go to

http://torrent.ubuntu.com:6969/
. You'll notice that it will download filename.torrent that torrent
file is what needs to be opened with transmission, your safe to
associate transmission with .torrent/magnet links etc. Not much info
but that's all I really know about them .

Old 04-28-2012, 03:50 PM
Colin Law

On 28 April 2012 16:46, Davide Alberelli <dadexix86@gmail.com> wrote:
>> I've got transmission-gtk up. *I can start it. *I have no idea how to use it.
>>
>> I want to download some isos to install 12.04. *I have some other
>> stuff that I would not mind offering.
>>
>> I've tried looking for documentation, but all I find is statements
>> that this is easy, plus sites on the protocols, developer stuff and so
>> on.
>>
>> I'd really like a quick step-by-step for getting
>> xubuntu-12.04-desktop-i386.iso.torrent for starters.
>
> Go here:*http://cdimage.ubuntu.com/xubuntu/releases/12.04/release/xubuntu-12.04-alternate-i386.iso.torrent

That is the alternate cd rather than the desktop, you can get the
desktop at the location I posted or, apparently,

Old 04-28-2012, 06:42 PM
Wybo Dekker

On 2012-04-28 17:41, Kevin O'Gorman wrote:
> I'd really like a quick step-by-step for getting
> xubuntu-12.04-desktop-i386.iso.torrent for starters.

go to piratebay, find something, click on download icon, transmission
opens, et cetera

--
Wybo