Old 04-28-2012, 01:13 PM
Alex Ong

Default Xubuntu 12.04 released

I am keenly following 12.04 hoping to know it is good so that i can also switch from 10.10

Alex
Singapore

Sent from iPhone

Old 04-28-2012, 01:14 PM
Ciemon Dunville

On 28 April 2012 13:41, Joshua O'Leary <joshua.oleary@btinternet.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> 12.04 seems like a great release so far, very polished and well-rounded.
> There is just one small issue. On laptops, when using Fn and volume keys,
> the volume doesn't update - the loudness meter flashes, but the mixer volume
> does not change. Shall I file a bug or will this get fixed soon?

I've been searching for this too. If you click on the speaker icon and
adjust the volume there, changes can be made, just not with the volume
keys.

Ciemon

Old 04-28-2012, 02:36 PM
Jörg Roesinger

confirmed.

On Sat, Apr 28, 2012 at 3:14 PM, Ciemon Dunville <ciemon@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 28 April 2012 13:41, Joshua O'Leary <joshua.oleary@btinternet.com> wrote:
>> Hi,
>> 12.04 seems like a great release so far, very polished and well-rounded.
>> There is just one small issue. On laptops, when using Fn and volume keys,
>> the volume doesn't update - the loudness meter flashes, but the mixer volume
>> does not change. Shall I file a bug or will this get fixed soon?
>
> I've been searching for this too. If you click on the speaker icon and
> adjust the volume there, changes can be made, just not with the volume
> keys.
>
> Ciemon

"... and that's how I saved Earth and am the greatest!"

Old 04-28-2012, 02:53 PM
dekks

12.04 seems like a great release so far, very polished and well-rounded.
There is just one small issue. On laptops, when using Fn and volume keys,
the volume doesn't update - the loudness meter flashes, but the mixer volume
does not change. Shall I file a bug or will this get fixed soon?

I've been searching for this too. If you click on the speaker icon and
adjust the volume there, changes can be made, just not with the volume
keys.

Ciemon

Hi

funnily my volumes keys work just the mute button wont unmute.

Old 04-28-2012, 03:12 PM
Joshua O'Leary

12.04 seems like a great release so far, very polished and well-rounded.
There is just one small issue. On laptops, when using Fn and volume keys,
the volume doesn't update - the loudness meter flashes, but the mixer volume
does not change. Shall I file a bug or will this get fixed soon?

I've been searching for this too. If you click on the speaker icon and
adjust the volume there, changes can be made, just not with the volume
keys.

Ciemon

Hi

funnily my volumes keys work just the mute button wont unmute.

I filed a bug here, if you could please mark it as affecting you if
it does:

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/xubuntu-meta/+bug/990562

I wasn't sure what package to file it under, if xubuntu-desktop is
wrong please could one of you change it.

Thanks,

Joshua

Old 04-28-2012, 04:18 PM
dekks

On 28/04/12 16:12, Joshua O'Leary wrote:

> I filed a bug here, if you could please mark it as affecting you if it does:
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/xubuntu-meta/+bug/990562
>
> I wasn't sure what package to file it under, if xubuntu-desktop is wrong
> please could one of you change it.

Think yours is a dupe of

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/gnome-settings-daemon/+bug/912818

Old 04-28-2012, 04:30 PM