Old 11-27-2007, 01:27 PM
jochoa

Default I could not start Xubuntu desktop

Hi,

I have upgraded Ubuntu 7.04 to 7.10 a week ago, where I were using the
xubuntu-desktop option instead of Gnome. When I restarted the pc the
Xfce desktop appeared, I could made changes on the xfce desktop-manager
and so on. The next time I choose to begin with the Xfce desktop but it
did nothing, I wait five minutes and restarted with the Gnome panel as
default. Could somebody explain me what had happend?

I will very appreciate an answer.

Old 11-28-2007, 12:55 PM
Charlie Kravetz

On Tue, 27 Nov 2007 11:27:17 -0300
jochoa <jochoa@proimi.org.ar> wrote:

> Hi,
> I have upgraded Ubuntu 7.04 to 7.10 a week ago, where I were using
> the xubuntu-desktop option instead of Gnome. When I restarted the pc
> the Xfce desktop appeared, I could made changes on the xfce
> desktop-manager and so on. The next time I choose to begin with the
> Xfce desktop but it did nothing, I wait five minutes and restarted
> with the Gnome panel as default. Could somebody explain me what had
> happend? I will very appreciate an answer.

I donīt know what happened, but this might get you back to the xfce
session? If this is a normal setup, try restarting and when then login
screen comes up, select session, then select the xfce session. Now
enter your login as normal. You may have to wait a while for the xfce
desktop to come up. The first time I switched to xubuntu, it took about
15 minutes.

Good luck,

--
Charlie Kravetz