-   -   Restoring Panels? (http://www.linux-archive.org/xubuntu-user/60184-restoring-panels.html)

Jamie Griffin 03-25-2008 12:14 AM

Restoring Panels?

Hi everyone

I tried to customise my top panel and stupidly removed it by mistake and
i can't seem to restore it. Is there any way i can do this to the
default settings?

I've had a look on the Docs but can't seem to find any explanation on
how to do this.

Thank you, Jamie

"Arthur H. Johnson II" 03-25-2008 12:23 AM

Restoring Panels?

I'm afraid that if you deleted the panel, its gone. You will need to
re-create it.

Do you still have the bottom panel? If so, right click on it and go to
"Customize Panel" and you can add the panel and set it to the top.
After that, you will need to add some new items by right clicking on the
new panel. Add the XFCE Menu, system tray, and probably the clock,
although I use the Orage clock. Use the separator to keep the menu and
tray areas on opposite parts of the panel.

If you don't have your bottom panel any more, run "xfce-setting-show"
and you can launch the Panel settings and go from there.

"Jesus Gamio" 03-25-2008 12:37 AM

Restoring Panels?

Jaime

press Alt+F2
then write xfce-panel enter

these restore the panels

then logout but safe the session

Jamie Griffin wrote:

> Hi everyone

> I tried to customise my top panel and stupidly removed it by mistake and

> i can't seem to restore it. Is there any way i can do this to the

> default settings?

> I've had a look on the Docs but can't seem to find any explanation on

> how to do this.

> * Thank you, Jamie

Jesús A. Gamio C.