Old 03-24-2008, 04:19 PM
Jamie Griffin

Default wireless network connection not present

Hi everyone

I recently installed xubuntu, since i no longer have an option to use my
wireless connection.

I'm using a Dell xpsM1330 laptop which has uses an Intel Corporation
PRO/Wireless 3945ABG Network Connection (rev 02) ( i think this is right
component on the lspci list?)

It worked on Ubuntu (gnome) desktop, so i would have thought i should be
able to use it with Xubuntu. Can anyone help me to set it up correctly
or advise further?

Thanks very much

Jamie

Old 03-24-2008, 04:26 PM
Vincent

I recently installed xubuntu, since i no longer have an option to use my
wireless connection.

I'm using a Dell xpsM1330 laptop which has uses an Intel Corporation
PRO/Wireless 3945ABG Network Connection (rev 02) ( i think this is right

component on the lspci list?)

It worked on Ubuntu (gnome) desktop, so i would have thought i should be
able to use it with Xubuntu. Can anyone help me to set it up correctly
or advise further?

While not an ideal solution, something I've often found to work is to select "Manual Configuration" and then configure it by disabling roaming mode.

Thanks very much

Jamie

Best,
--
Vincent

Old 03-24-2008, 04:33 PM
Nicolas Ferré

Vincent a écrit :

> On 3/24/08, *Jamie Griffin* <jamie@fastmail.net
> <mailto:jamie@fastmail.net>> wrote:
>
> Hi everyone
>
> I recently installed xubuntu, since i no longer have an option to use my
> wireless connection.
>
> I'm using a Dell xpsM1330 laptop which has uses an Intel Corporation
> PRO/Wireless 3945ABG Network Connection (rev 02) ( i think this is right
> component on the lspci list?)
>
> It worked on Ubuntu (gnome) desktop, so i would have thought i should be
> able to use it with Xubuntu. Can anyone help me to set it up correctly
> or advise further?
>

> While not an ideal solution, something I've often found to work is to
> select "Manual Configuration" and then configure it by disabling roaming
> mode.
>
> Thanks very much
>
> Jamie
>

> Best,
>
> --
> Vincent

Hi, I also had some problems with the default network manager coming
with xubuntu. I changed it to wicd, and since then, it works perfectly
on my dell d830 laptop. See: http://doc.ubuntu-fr.org/wicd

Hope this helps

--
Nicolas Ferre'
Laboratoire Chimie Provence

Old 03-24-2008, 04:53 PM
Jamie Griffin

Nicolas Ferré wrote:
> Vincent a écrit :
>>
>> On 3/24/08, *Jamie Griffin* <jamie@fastmail.net
>> <mailto:jamie@fastmail.net>> wrote:
>>
>> Hi everyone
>>
>> I recently installed xubuntu, since i no longer have an option to use my
>> wireless connection.
>>
>> I'm using a Dell xpsM1330 laptop which has uses an Intel Corporation
>> PRO/Wireless 3945ABG Network Connection (rev 02) ( i think this is right
>> component on the lspci list?)
>>
>> It worked on Ubuntu (gnome) desktop, so i would have thought i should be
>> able to use it with Xubuntu. Can anyone help me to set it up correctly
>> or advise further?
>>

>> While not an ideal solution, something I've often found to work is to
>> select "Manual Configuration" and then configure it by disabling roaming
>> mode.
>>
>> Thanks very much
>>
>> Jamie
>>

>> Best,
>>
>> --
>> Vincent
>>

> Hi, I also had some problems with the default network manager coming
> with xubuntu. I changed it to wicd, and since then, it works perfectly
> on my dell d830 laptop. See: http://doc.ubuntu-fr.org/wicd
>
> Hope this helps

Thanks for the advice, i check both out.

Jamie