Linux Archive

Linux Archive (http://www.linux-archive.org/)
-   Xubuntu User (http://www.linux-archive.org/xubuntu-user/)
-   -   wireless network connection not present (http://www.linux-archive.org/xubuntu-user/60056-wireless-network-connection-not-present.html)

Jamie Griffin 03-24-2008 04:19 PM

wireless network connection not present
 
Hi everyone

I recently installed xubuntu, since i no longer have an option to use my
wireless connection.

I'm using a Dell xpsM1330 laptop which has uses an Intel Corporation
PRO/Wireless 3945ABG Network Connection (rev 02) ( i think this is right
component on the lspci list?)

It worked on Ubuntu (gnome) desktop, so i would have thought i should be
able to use it with Xubuntu. Can anyone help me to set it up correctly
or advise further?

Thanks very much

Jamie

--
xubuntu-users mailing list
xubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/xubuntu-users

Vincent 03-24-2008 04:26 PM

wireless network connection not present
 
On 3/24/08, Jamie Griffin <jamie@fastmail.net> wrote:
Hi everyone

I recently installed xubuntu, since i no longer have an option to use my
wireless connection.

I'm using a Dell xpsM1330 laptop which has uses an Intel Corporation
PRO/Wireless 3945ABG Network Connection (rev 02) ( i think this is right

component on the lspci list?)

It worked on Ubuntu (gnome) desktop, so i would have thought i should be
able to use it with Xubuntu. Can anyone help me to set it up correctly
or advise further?

While not an ideal solution, something I've often found to work is to select "Manual Configuration" and then configure it by disabling roaming mode.


Thanks very much

Jamie


Best,
--
Vincent
--
xubuntu-users mailing list
xubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/xubuntu-users

Nicolas Ferré 03-24-2008 04:33 PM

wireless network connection not present
 
Vincent a écrit :
>
>
> On 3/24/08, *Jamie Griffin* <jamie@fastmail.net
> <mailto:jamie@fastmail.net>> wrote:
>
> Hi everyone
>
> I recently installed xubuntu, since i no longer have an option to use my
> wireless connection.
>
> I'm using a Dell xpsM1330 laptop which has uses an Intel Corporation
> PRO/Wireless 3945ABG Network Connection (rev 02) ( i think this is right
> component on the lspci list?)
>
> It worked on Ubuntu (gnome) desktop, so i would have thought i should be
> able to use it with Xubuntu. Can anyone help me to set it up correctly
> or advise further?
>
>
> While not an ideal solution, something I've often found to work is to
> select "Manual Configuration" and then configure it by disabling roaming
> mode.
>
> Thanks very much
>
> Jamie
>
>
> Best,
>
> --
> Vincent
>

Hi, I also had some problems with the default network manager coming
with xubuntu. I changed it to wicd, and since then, it works perfectly
on my dell d830 laptop. See: http://doc.ubuntu-fr.org/wicd

Hope this helps

--
Nicolas Ferre'
Laboratoire Chimie Provence
Universite' de Provence - France
Tel: +33 491282733
http://sites.univ-provence.fr/lcp-ct

--
xubuntu-users mailing list
xubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/xubuntu-users

Jamie Griffin 03-24-2008 04:53 PM

wireless network connection not present
 
Nicolas Ferré wrote:
> Vincent a écrit :
>>
>> On 3/24/08, *Jamie Griffin* <jamie@fastmail.net
>> <mailto:jamie@fastmail.net>> wrote:
>>
>> Hi everyone
>>
>> I recently installed xubuntu, since i no longer have an option to use my
>> wireless connection.
>>
>> I'm using a Dell xpsM1330 laptop which has uses an Intel Corporation
>> PRO/Wireless 3945ABG Network Connection (rev 02) ( i think this is right
>> component on the lspci list?)
>>
>> It worked on Ubuntu (gnome) desktop, so i would have thought i should be
>> able to use it with Xubuntu. Can anyone help me to set it up correctly
>> or advise further?
>>
>>
>> While not an ideal solution, something I've often found to work is to
>> select "Manual Configuration" and then configure it by disabling roaming
>> mode.
>>
>> Thanks very much
>>
>> Jamie
>>
>>
>> Best,
>>
>> --
>> Vincent
>>
>
> Hi, I also had some problems with the default network manager coming
> with xubuntu. I changed it to wicd, and since then, it works perfectly
> on my dell d830 laptop. See: http://doc.ubuntu-fr.org/wicd
>
> Hope this helps
>
Thanks for the advice, i check both out.

Jamie

--
xubuntu-users mailing list
xubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/xubuntu-users


All times are GMT. The time now is 12:54 AM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.