Old 07-27-2011, 11:40 AM
Robin

Default Panels

I moved my panel over to the left as well, to keep from clicking on the
wrong stuff! Buttons at the bottom of certain apps are too close to the
bottom panel. My Xubu desktop looks like Unity now, lol. And I gave it
similar functionality too. I think Unity is really pretty, but it's
such a resource hog! I can kinda-sorta get similar functionality and
the same "look" in Xfce without that awful drain on resources.

Screenshot in my blog:
http://robinsrantsandraves.wordpress.com/2011/07/20/an-unity-inspired-xfce-dock-in-xubuntu-10-04/

A Xubu fanboi,

Robin

Old 07-28-2011, 01:53 AM
Chris McCormick

Hi,

I think the obvious thing emerging from this thread is that everyone likes their panels differently and will customise it to their own taste (I am also in that camp). That seems to indicate that the best thing to do is aim the initial panel setup at being clear and easy for brand new users.

Cheers,

Chris.