Old 07-21-2011, 05:30 PM
"D. Hoogland"

Default The Network Manager applet has vanished from the top panel in Ubuntu 8.10

Hi there,

For some years I was a happy user of (X)Ubuntu, wired to the
Internet. Until a couple of weeks ago when I suddenly noticed that
the Network Manager applet no longer was visible next to the clock
in the top hand right corner of my screen. The mail reader
Epiphany didn't receive mail anymore; Google wasn't available either.

I did not alter anything of the system.

What do I have to do to get the connection to the Internet back
again?

Please be not too concise in your explanation as I have little
knowledge of the ins and outs of Linux.

Thanks very much,

Daniel Hoogland