Old 07-15-2011, 11:01 PM
Jesse Palser

Default -Edit Start Menu? How?

Hi,

"Alacarte" does not work well with Xubuntu.
Any other suggestions?

Jesse

On 07/15/2011 06:18 PM, Liviu Andronic wrote:

On Sat, Jul 16, 2011 at 12:14 AM, Jesse Palser<SLNTHERO@aol.com> wrote:

[11.04]-Edit Start Menu? How?

Hi,

How do I edit the Start Menu in Xubuntu 11.04?
I'm hoping there is a GUI somewhere.

Try 'alacarte'.
Liviu

Thanks!

Jesse "JeZ+Lee"
16BitSoft
Video Game Design Studio
www.16BitSoft.com

Old 07-15-2011, 11:31 PM
Phil Whitaker

"Alacarte" does not work well with Xubuntu.
Is that from recent experience, as Xfce 4.8 is now freedesktop.org compliant, so should work fine with alacarte?

Regards,
Phil
beardygnome.co.uk

Old 07-16-2011, 02:10 AM
Charlie Kravetz

Old 07-16-2011, 04:13 AM
John

On 2011-07-15, Phil Whitaker <xubuntu-users@beardygnome.co.uk> wrote:

>> "Alacarte" does not work well with Xubuntu.
>
> Is that from recent experience, as Xfce 4.8 is now
> freedesktop.orgcompliant, so should work fine with alacarte?

My experience is that "alacarte" over-rides all your XFCE desktop
menus and essentially makes you start from scratch in building your
menu system.

--

-John (john@os2.dhs.org)