Old 07-11-2011, 11:56 PM
Charlie Kravetz

Default Xubuntu community meeting 2011-07-11

== 2011-07-11 Meeting Minutes ==

The agenda is at https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Xubuntu/Meetings

=== Old Business ===

* Charlie to dig for the xscreensaver updates, and put in an SRU - Carried Forward
* micahg to find what Ubuntu-desktop does with java in restricted-extras - Carried Forward
* GridCube to begin a discussion on the Xubuntu-devel ML to find the "Top 10" FAQ items for Xubuntu - Done
* investigate putting the "TOP 10" FAQ on the website - Done
* start ML discussion on panels, reviews of current panels, launchers on panels, etc - Carried Forward
* we will look at getting pavucontrol in the sound preferences - Done
* All teams need to review website content - Carried Forward
* insure http://xubuntu.org/contribute is up to date for each team
* send updates to the xubuntu-devel mailing list
* charlie-tca AT ubuntu DOT com
* post them and give us the URL
* submit a bug: https://bugs.launchpad.net/xubuntu-website

=== Team updates ===

==== Packaging & Development ====

* mr_pouit got the indicators working in xubuntu oneiric again
* we should probably try to confirm defaults for this cycle soon as feature freeze is 4 weeks away
* pavucontrol and pastebinit need to be added to the defaults
* look at the possibility of adding midori as a second browser

==== Bug Triage & Testing ====

* Many thanks to the testers for all their hard work. Alpha2 made it out the door
* A big part of that is the daily testing we are doing. Alpha2 was a very difficult milestone to release, as can be seen by the flavours not releasing it.
* We knew in advance where the worst issues were, and had workarounds for most of the issues.
* Keep the bugs coming in, please
* We are tracking the Oneiric bugs at https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Xubuntu/Bugs/OneiricOcelot

==== Website & Marketing ====

* All teams need to review website content
* insure http://xubuntu.org/contribute is up to date for each team
* added a link to our artwork page to our marketing page last week, so now it should be easier to find the logos
* we're testing the imgcapt plugin, please contact knome for information

==== Artwork ====

* there's a git-repo for greybird
* https://github.com/shimmerproject/Greybird

==== Documentation ====

* We need someone that can go through the wiki documentation and update it.

=== Announcements ===

* Ubuntu Developer Week happening all week, 16:00 to 20:00 UTC
* https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuDeveloperWeek/Sessions
* Great job getting Oneiric Alpha 2 out, it was touch and go for many of us.
* The next meeting will be on Sunday, 2011-07-17 at 22:00 UTC
* Important dates coming up:
* 10.04.3 Release: July 21, 2011
* We will not be releasing 10.04.3, but will be involved with testing Ubuntu.
* 11.10 Alpha 3: August 4, 2011
* 11.10 FeatureFreeze : August 11, 2011
* 11.10 Release Date: October 13, 2011
* Thunderbird is now the default email client in Ubuntu, it has replaced Evolution

=== Any Other Business ===

* Thanks for attending the meeting.
* to subscribe to the xubuntu-devel mailing list, go to
* https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/xubuntu-devel
* Next meeting is in one week, July 17, #xubuntu-devel, at 22:00 UTC.
* [[https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Xubuntu/Meetings/Archive/Minutes/2011-07-11 | Meeting log]]
* Thanks to the efforts of AlanBell, we now have a bot to record the meeting

=== Action items for the 2011-07-11 meeting ===

* micahg will get with desktop-team about putting pavucontrol in the sound preferences - Done (pavucontrol is not in active development)

==== Xubuntu Governance ====

* The governancy part of the current Strategy Document can be found at [[Xubuntu/StrategyDocument#Xubuntu Governance & Team Structure]]

<<BR>>
<<BR>>

== 2011-07-11 Meeting Log ==

* People Present:

* charlie-tca
* micahg
* knome
* pleia2
* beardygnome
* jarnos
* astraljava
* plantoschka

Started logging meeting in #xubuntu-devel

Meeting started by charlie-tca at 19:02:56 UTC. The full logs are available at
http://mootbot.libertus.co.uk/xubuntu-devel/2011/xubuntu-devel.2011-07-11-19.02.log.html

--
Charlie Kravetz
Xubuntu Project Lead