Old 07-11-2011, 06:41 PM
Liviu Andronic

Default OT: Etiquette on the Ubuntu mailing lists (was: ' panel timer')

(completely off-topic)

On Mon, Jul 11, 2011 at 6:26 PM, Charlie Kravetz
<cjk@teamcharliesangels.com> wrote:
> On Tue, 12 Jul 2011 00:20:14 +0800 (SGT)
> alex ong <alexong2005@yahoo.com.sg> wrote:
>
>> I have been observing feedback on 11.04. Seems to be an unstable platform. I am hesitating whether to upgrade from 10.10 to 11.04. Please advise.
>>

> Please start a new message for this. It has nothing to do with the timer

Yikes! It's the first time I see such Gentoo- or Debian-style
"censorship" on a Ubuntu mailing list. Admittedly, xubuntu-users is
much more civilised than the vanilla ubuntu-users, but it's still a
big change from what I've seen so far in the Ubuntu community. A big
thanks!

Regards
Liviu

> To do so, go to your mail program, click on "compose" *or "new" and
> filll in the details. Do not hijcack a thread and change the subject,
> or reply to an existing subject with an off-topic question. Thanks.
>
> --
> Charlie Kravetz
> Linux Registered User Number 425914 * * * * *[http://counter.li.org/]
> Never let anyone steal your DREAM. * * * * * [http://keepingdreams.com]

Do you know how to read?
http://www.alienetworks.com/srtest.cfm
Do you know how to write?

Old 07-11-2011, 07:01 PM
Charlie Kravetz

On Mon, 11 Jul 2011 20:41:42 +0200
Liviu Andronic <landronimirc@gmail.com> wrote:

> (completely off-topic)
>

> On Mon, Jul 11, 2011 at 6:26 PM, Charlie Kravetz
> <cjk@teamcharliesangels.com> wrote:
> > On Tue, 12 Jul 2011 00:20:14 +0800 (SGT)
> > alex ong <alexong2005@yahoo.com.sg> wrote:
> >
> >> I have been observing feedback on 11.04. Seems to be an unstable platform. I am hesitating whether to upgrade from 10.10 to 11.04. Please advise.
> >>

> > Please start a new message for this. It has nothing to do with the timer
> >
> Yikes! It's the first time I see such Gentoo- or Debian-style
> "censorship" on a Ubuntu mailing list. Admittedly, xubuntu-users is
> much more civilised than the vanilla ubuntu-users, but it's still a
> big change from what I've seen so far in the Ubuntu community. A big
> thanks!
>
> Regards
> Liviu
>

> > To do so, go to your mail program, click on "compose" *or "new" and
> > filll in the details. Do not hijcack a thread and change the subject,
> > or reply to an existing subject with an off-topic question. Thanks.
> >
> > --
> > Charlie Kravetz
> > Linux Registered User Number 425914 * * * * *[http://counter.li.org/]
> > Never let anyone steal your DREAM. * * * * * [http://keepingdreams.com]
> >
> > --

Why is mailing list etiquette off-topic? It seems very much on-topic.
To anyone using a proper threading email, that off-subject email is
usually lost. For proper etiquette, please read the following,
especially the part under "Threading":

Charlie Kravetz