-   -   Xubuntu community meeting minutes 2011-07-03 (http://www.linux-archive.org/xubuntu-user/550003-xubuntu-community-meeting-minutes-2011-07-03-a.html)

Charlie Kravetz 07-08-2011 06:58 PM

Xubuntu community meeting minutes 2011-07-03

== 2011-07-03 Meeting Minutes ==

the agenda is available at https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Xubuntu/Meetings

=== Old Business ===

* Charlie to dig for the xscreensaver updates, and put in an SRU - Carried Forward
* micahg to find what Ubuntu-desktop does with java in restricted-extras - Carried Forward
* GridCube to begin a discussion on the Xubuntu-devel ML to find the "Top 10" FAQ items for Xubuntu - Done
* investigate putting the "TOP 10" FAQ on the website
* start ML discussion on panels, reviews of current panels, launchers on panels, etc - Carried Forward

=== Team updates ===

==== Packaging & Development ====

* merges/syncs from Debian are completed
* worked to get the images downsized again; they now fit on a cd
* we're waiting on some lightdm changes
* pavucontrol and pastebinit need to be added to the defaults
* we will look at getting pavucontrol in the sound preferences
* look into putting file-roller back, now that it won't pull in nautilus anymore
* look at the possibility of adding midori as a second browser

==== Bug Triage & Testing ====

* Testing is going great this cycle. Even if we don't get every image and test everyday, there are enough tests being done to know when things break
* Bug squashing continues on a daily basis

==== Website & Marketing ====

* All teams need to review website content
* insure http://xubuntu.org/contribute is up to date for each team
* we need a news release for alpha2 this week
* the imgcapt plugin is now pretty much done, and we need people to test it

==== Artwork ====

* there's a git-repo for greybird
* https://github.com/shimmerproject/Greybird
* fixed the checkboxes and radiobuttons to follow the new (brighter) style

==== Documentation ====

* We need someone that can go through the wiki documentation and update it.

=== Announcements ===

* Team Reports are due for June
* https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Xubuntu/TeamReports
* Oneiric Alpha 2: July 7
* Testing for Alpha2: July 5
* The next meeting will be on Monday, 2011-07-11 at 19:00 UTC

=== Any Other Business ===

* Thunderbird is default in Ubuntu now
* to subscribe to the xubuntu-devel mailing list, go to
* https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/xubuntu-devel
* Next meeting is in one week, July 11, #xubuntu-devel, at 19:00 UTC.
* Meeting log is available in full at
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Xubuntu/Meetings/Archive/Minutes/2011-07-03

=== Action items for the 2011-07-03 meeting ===

* we need a news release for alpha2 this week
* we will look at getting pavucontrol in the sound preferences
* All teams need to review website content
* insure http://xubuntu.org/contribute is up to date for each team

==== Xubuntu Governance ====

* The governancy part of the current Strategy Document can be found at
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Xubuntu/StrategyDocument#Xubuntu_Governance_.26_Team_Struc ture

--
Charlie Kravetz