Old 07-05-2011, 04:44 PM
"Lee Gold"

Default Control over pop-ups saying I am connected

Hi,

In recent version of Xubuntu in the upper right hand corner of my
desktop there are pop-ups that announce I am connected, or info about my
battery. I'd like control over this - I prefer to not see the connected
pop-up - I would like control over this. Is there a way? In 11.04 they
sometimes stay there until I close them. Not my cup of tea for an OS to
do....

Thanks,

Lee G.

Old 07-09-2011, 09:44 PM
Liviu Andronic

On Tue, Jul 5, 2011 at 6:44 PM, Lee Gold <leegold@operamail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> In recent version of Xubuntu in the upper right hand corner of my
> desktop there are pop-ups that announce I am connected, or info about my
> battery. I'd like control over this - I prefer to not see the connected
> pop-up - I would like control over this. Is there a way? In 11.04 they
> sometimes stay there until I close them. Not my cup of tea for an OS to
> do....

Yeah, that's a bit buggy. If you want to get rid of them completely,
uninstall libnotify (or similar). Otherwise uninstalling xfce4-notifyd
may do the trick.
Liviu

> Thanks,
>
> Lee G.