Old 07-01-2011, 11:19 PM
Albert Wagner

Default panel timer

xfce4-timer-plugin in Natty (0.6.1-3ubuntu4) when added to top panel
(xfce4-panel 4.8.3-0ubuntu1) does nothing; no mouse clicks of any sort
yield a response. Does anyone know of a fix or an alternative? I just
need an egg timer i.e. an alarm after 3-60 minutes.

Old 07-09-2011, 09:48 PM
Liviu Andronic

On Sat, Jul 2, 2011 at 1:19 AM, Albert Wagner <albertwagner@cox.net> wrote:
> xfce4-timer-plugin in Natty (0.6.1-3ubuntu4) when added to top panel
> (xfce4-panel 4.8.3-0ubuntu1) does nothing; no mouse clicks of any sort yield
> a response. *Does anyone know of a fix or an alternative? *I just need an
> egg timer i.e. an alarm after 3-60 minutes.

You should be able to use it using right-click > properties. Does this work?
Liviu

Do you know how to read?
http://www.alienetworks.com/srtest.cfm
Do you know how to write?

Old 07-10-2011, 07:46 PM
Albert Wagner

On 07/09/2011 04:48 PM, Liviu Andronic wrote:

On Sat, Jul 2, 2011 at 1:19 AM, Albert Wagner<albertwagner@cox.net> wrote:

xfce4-timer-plugin in Natty (0.6.1-3ubuntu4) when added to top panel
(xfce4-panel 4.8.3-0ubuntu1) does nothing; no mouse clicks of any sort yield
a response. Does anyone know of a fix or an alternative? I just need an
egg timer i.e. an alarm after 3-60 minutes.

You should be able to use it using right-click> properties. Does this work

No, as I said above: "no mouse clicks of any sort yield a response."

Old 07-10-2011, 08:24 PM
Liviu Andronic

On Sun, Jul 10, 2011 at 9:46 PM, Albert Wagner <albertwagner@cox.net> wrote:
>> You should be able to use it using right-click> *properties. Does this
>> work
>
> No, as I said above: *"no mouse clicks of any sort yield a response."

Then it's a bug in either Xfce or Xubuntu. I would suggest that you
first query the Xfce ML to see if others have the same issue (I'm
still using 4.6 in Lucid). If unconfirmed, file a bug with Ubuntu.

Regards
Liviu

Old 07-11-2011, 04:05 PM
Karim REKIK

In Xubuntu 11.04 you have to put the mouse cursor slightly at the right side of the chronometer icon to obtain an effective right click. If you put the cursor exactly on the icon you indeed don't obtain anything

WKR

Old 07-11-2011, 04:20 PM
alex ong

I have been observing feedback on 11.04. Seems to be an unstable platform. I am hesitating whether to upgrade from 10.10 to 11.04. Please advise.

-----Inline Attachment Follows-----

Old 07-11-2011, 04:20 PM
alex ong

Old 07-11-2011, 04:26 PM
Charlie Kravetz

On Tue, 12 Jul 2011 00:20:14 +0800 (SGT)
alex ong <alexong2005@yahoo.com.sg> wrote:

> I have been observing feedback on 11.04. Seems to be an unstable platform. I am hesitating whether to upgrade from 10.10 to 11.04. Please advise.

Please start a new message for this. It has nothing to do with the timer

To do so, go to your mail program, click on "compose" or "new" and
filll in the details. Do not hijcack a thread and change the subject,
or reply to an existing subject with an off-topic question. Thanks.

--
Charlie Kravetz