-   -   Xubuntu Community Meeting 2011-05-30 minutes (http://www.linux-archive.org/xubuntu-user/534211-xubuntu-community-meeting-2011-05-30-minutes.html)

Charlie Kravetz 06-02-2011 05:56 PM

Xubuntu Community Meeting 2011-05-30 minutes

== 2011-05-30 Meeting Minutes ==

=== Old Business ===

* email the ML with proposed meeting days and times, Mon, Tues only
for days - action completed
* meetings will alternate Monday at 19:00 UTC and Sunday at 22:00 UTC
* knome is to set up a tele-conference of some type to discuss
marketing - carried forward/after natty releases

=== Team updates ===

==== Packaging & Development ====

* GTK2 will be used for Oneiric Ocelot. GTK3 will need to be there to
support the Ubuntu/Gnome applications such as Software Center
* Syncing of latest Xfce is being done by mr_pouit and micahg
* Need to replace GDM with lightDM.
* pastebinit will be installed as a cli application by default.
* seeds:
https://code.launchpad.net/~xubuntu-dev/ubuntu-seeds/xubuntu.oneiric

==== Bug Triage & Testing ====

* Alpha1 testing will begin on 2011-05-31.
* Soupermanito, beardygnome will assist in testing the Oneiric Ocelot
images.
* drc will begin daily installation testing of the images for alpha1.
* Testing wiki - https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Xubuntu/Testing

==== Website & Marketing ====

* Canonical RT set up the staging site for wordpress. Unfortunately,
this can not be used by the Xubuntu Team to test wordpress as a
website.
* knome and pleia2 will work together to set up a test site for
wordpress.
* Suggestion from ochosi - it would be great if the first page would
show the slideshow that is shown during installation.
* We need to get more people than me and knome involved in marketing,
please?
* "marketing" definition:
* news releases, blogs, release
parties, !OpenWeek, !DeveloperWeek, !UserDays
*
http://www.jonobacon.org/2011/06/01/six-months-of-rocking-ubuntu-events/
* Anything we can do to promote Xubuntu
* https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Xubuntu/Marketing

==== Artwork ====

* ochosi started a design initiative in xfce
* It's mostly about optimizing the UI
* Anyone can participate
* There is a compact xfwm4 theme now
* Wiki page is here: https://wiki.xfce.org/design/start
* Our artwork team goals: http://wiki.knome.fi/shimmer:greybird

==== Documentation ====

* We need someone that can go through the wiki documentation and
update it.

=== Announcements ===

* TeamReports need to be updated -
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Xubuntu/TeamReports
* This is the end of May, please feel free to add whatever you are
doing for Xubuntu to this report.
* The next linux kernel will be called linux 3.0 instead of 2.6.40
* We do have a support channel for spanish support, that is not
included in the !es factoid. It is #xubuntu-es .

=== Any Other Business ===

* Next meeting is in one week, June 5, #xubuntu-devel, at 22:00 UTC.
* Meeting Minutes and logs are at https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Xubuntu/Meetings

=== Action items for the 2011-05-30 meeting ===

* Email the Mailing Lists about meeting on alternate days weekly.
Completed
* Charlie to dig for the xscreensaver updates, and put in an SRU

==== Xubuntu Governance ====

* The governancy part of the current Strategy Document can be found at
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Xubuntu/StrategyDocument#Xubuntu Governance &
Team Structure
* The Xubuntu project will advance towards a Council-based governance
approach.
* Until we have more participation, Xubuntu will not be trying to set
up a governing council.
* There will be an addition to the Stradegy Document to select a new
Project Lead by vote.

--
Charlie Kravetz
Xubuntu Project Lead