Old 06-01-2011, 11:09 PM
"Lee Gold"

Default Can not rename a file with case change of a letter in Thunar on USB Flash drive

In Thunar when I right click a file and do rename. If I just change the
case of a letter Thunar will say error file already exists. So I can not
change the case of a file name with Thunar. It does not see upper and
lower case as different. This seems to happen only with files on a USB
flash drive.
I can do it OK browsing my HD with Thunar...
Thanks. Using ver 1.0.2

wherever you are

Old 06-02-2011, 01:57 AM
Charlie Kravetz

On Wed, 01 Jun 2011 16:09:25 -0700
"Lee Gold" <leegold@operamail.com> wrote:

> In Thunar when I right click a file and do rename. If I just change the
> case of a letter Thunar will say error file already exists. So I can not
> change the case of a file name with Thunar. It does not see upper and
> lower case as different. This seems to happen only with files on a USB
> flash drive.
> I can do it OK browsing my HD with Thunar...
> Thanks. Using ver 1.0.2

Is that drive formatted fat or ext? If it is formatted fat16 or fat32,
it will not see the names as different, since that file system does not
recognize such differences.

--
Charlie Kravetz