Old 05-28-2011, 10:18 PM
"Lee Gold"

Default Unhappy with 11.04

Hi,

Just tried Xubuntu 11.04. There's problem when updating to the
"recommended" Nvidia proprietary driver - rebooting and many desktop
parameters are changed for some mysterious reason - more than one
desktop is not allowed now -it's locked at one(?). Also as usual Wicd
network manager does not work - simply will not connect. The new
notifier gives me a headache when it constantly turned with the network
mamnager's own churnings. The pop-ups telling me about my battery and
everything else i don't want to know about while I'm working - is there
anyway to stop these pop-ups? The default wallpaper is depressing. The
simplicity is just not there anymore - I just want stuff to work so I
can do my work. Of course this is completely my unsolicited opinion.

wherever you are