-   -   Xubuntu Live CD won't boot (http://www.linux-archive.org/xubuntu-user/50770-xubuntu-live-cd-wont-boot.html)

speweywalshe 02-08-2008 09:47 PM

Xubuntu Live CD won't boot

Title: Signature

I have had problems in the past with booting newer versions of the
ubuntu live cd on a few older machines. for instance i was trying to
install ubuntu gutsy on an old 500 MHZ* machine with an asus board in
it and it just wouldn't boot at all, then i tried it with dapper and it
booted and installed fine. I don't know if the way the live cds work
has changed in recent versions and older machines machines cant boot
them or what but like i say i've had similar issues before and found
the easiest way around this was to install an older version of ubuntu
and once the OS is installed then just do a dist-upgrade but i'm sure
someone here will have a better suggestion than that.

donn

Robert Steinmetz AIA wrote:
have an old Acer Aspire 2190M, AMD K-6 300, 256 MB of Ram, 4GB hard
drive. This seem within the Xubuntu hardware requirements.

The Xubuntu live CD won't boot. It displays the boot screen. After the*
I select an option it reboots. Same with the Alternate CD.

Any Ideas?

I trying to reinstall the OS from scratch.

--

Robert
Steinmetz, AIA

Principal