Old 02-08-2008, 08:02 PM
Robert Steinmetz AIA

Default Xubuntu CD Install

Title: Signature

I have an existing Xubuntu 7.10 install and I want to reinstall form
the CD, unfortunately when I boot form CD the USB keyboard is not
recognized. Any ideas on what I can do?

--

Robert
Steinmetz, AIA

Principal

Steinmetz & Associates

Old 02-08-2008, 08:29 PM
keith

On Fri, 2008-02-08 at 15:02 -0600, Robert Steinmetz AIA wrote:
> I have an existing Xubuntu 7.10 install and I want to reinstall form
> the CD, unfortunately when I boot form CD the USB keyboard is not
> recognized. Any ideas on what I can do?
> --
> Robert Steinmetz, AIA
> Principal
> Steinmetz & Associates
I've read this is not an uncommon problem. A quick Google suggests the
fix is to change the bios setting for the keyboard from BIOS to OS.
Have a look at Google first (ubuntu usb keyboard) to confirm the noted
problems are the same as yours.

Keith

Old 02-08-2008, 08:58 PM
"josh"

Title: Signature

Hi rob,
just curious, are you a developer?
*
email: jkenn337@gmail.com
skype:
jkenn337
msn: kenn6498ku@hotmail.com

Old 02-08-2008, 08:59 PM
Robert Steinmetz AIA

Title: Signature

keith wrote:

On Fri, 2008-02-08 at 15:02 -0600, Robert Steinmetz AIA wrote:

I have an existing Xubuntu 7.10 install and I want to reinstall form
the CD, unfortunately when I boot form CD the USB keyboard is not
recognized. Any ideas on what I can do?
--
Robert Steinmetz, AIA
Principal
Steinmetz & Associates

I've read this is not an uncommon problem. A quick Google suggests the
fix is to change the bios setting for the keyboard from BIOS to OS.
Have a look at Google first (ubuntu usb keyboard) to confirm the noted
problems are the same as yours.

Keith

Thanks for the though, but I don't seem to have any BIOS options for
the USB.

--

Robert
Steinmetz, AIA

Principal

Steinmetz & Associates

Old 02-08-2008, 09:16 PM
Robert Steinmetz AIA

Title: Signature

I found that there is a bug in the graphic install screens, I can
bypass it by holding the shift key down while the CD boots.

I've then got another problem, the Lice CD simply reboots the machine,
bringing up the initial boot graphic screen again.