Old 11-24-2007, 03:21 PM
Vincent

Default the command name of network manager

On 24/11/2007, Frank Tao <solotim.cn@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi, groups

Just recently I lost the entry of "network manager", which is used to be in the menu of xubuntu. I don't know the command name of "network manager", so I'm awkward now.
Anyone please help me in this problem? It will be greatly appreciated.

Best regards.

FrankThe tray icon in the top right panel uses the command "nm-applet", the Network application in Applications->System->Network is called "network-admin".

By the way, if you want to find things like this out, you can also open up Appliations->System->Synaptic Package Manager, find the network-manager-gnome package (that's the tray icon's package), right-click->Properties, then "Installed Files" tab and look for the file under /usr/bin (/usr/bin/nm-applet in this case).

Best,
--
Vincent