-   -   Beginners Problem Intel 915 Chipset-vga (http://www.linux-archive.org/xubuntu-user/37188-beginners-problem-intel-915-chipset-vga.html)

01-14-2008 03:48 PM

Beginners Problem Intel 915 Chipset-vga

Didi at hamburg, germany:

Hi xubuntu- users!
yesterday i tried to run Xubuntu on my subnotebook7 webpad or so:

Everytime i try and start the ( 7. 10 ) xubuntu-cd in my ASUS R 2 H UMPC, i only get up to the start-procedure of the X- server.....
which fails totaly...

the screnn only changes slowly from dark to 100% white, with some nice pattern in between , a bit grayscale pixel-blurring- show ....
every 20 seconds or so ....

Maybe the Asus LCd- screen with itś unusual 800 X 480 pixel size ist guilty for that ?!
Is there any workaround, e. g. Boot- parameters to fix that ??
I can neither use ( live-Cd) nor install Xubuntu, if i cannot see anything on the screen .... and the x- server shutting down perodically ....
Isn it ?!

Please help !
1 million Thanks in advance to everybody , who will answer & help !!!!

read ya?

D. L.
-------- Original-Nachricht --------