Old 01-14-2008, 02:43 PM
Nicolas Ferré

Default Wireless + wired connection

Hi,

I installed Xubuntu on my laptop a month ago and there is something
bothering me. At work, I have a wired internet connection I set up
manually. At home, I have a wireless connection in roaming mode. Every
time I change my place, at start, Xubuntu complains about my hostname
not defined explicitly in /etc/hosts. Each time, I add it to /etc/hosts
but it get lost when I change my place !
Another related strange thing: at home, I cannot connect to some
computers that belong to the same domain than I ! Even a 'ping' says
these computers don't answer while I know they are connected !

Any hint ?

--
NF