Old 11-23-2007, 06:18 AM
Joerg Thuemmler

Default Cold Boot Error

Hi,

I switched from SuSE to xubuntu (6.06) on a VIA C3 mini computer.
When I'm booting from cold Graphic is badly started, what means:
mouse/keyboard (ps2) are dead and graphic is 480x640x16. I never
had this with SuSE and Windows (2000p) either although I know
Win 98 did the same too (not on my machine, there never was a
win 98).
Rebooting and all is ok, but who likes a reset on every boot???

Someone who has seen this? (My own theory is, that the method
xubuntu is starting the framebuffer when booting meets some
uninitialized graphic hardware, what is different, when
re-booting.)

Are there any suggestions ... e.g to change some boot parameter
in grub menu...?

thx for any help

--
Jörg Thümmler