Old 12-31-2007, 11:04 AM
Canol Gokel

Default 2 question about Xubuntu and Xfce 4.4.2

As some of you may know I had difficulty with Xubuntu 7.10 to configure my monitors DPI settings. 1 of the suggestions made to me by Xfce Community was to wait for 4.4.2 because they said we will be able to make DPI configuration via control panel in 4.4.2. And now it is here and I have 2 question:*- Did the setting mentioned really come, I mean are we able to change monitors DPI setting via a control panel easily?*- Does Xubuntu 7.10 have upgrade package for 4.4.2 or should I wait for next Xubuntu release? (I never built a desktop environment from source and have difficulty doing so for even basic applications so it is not an option to build from source )

*Canol
Gokel

iyzi Forum - Hacettepe Robot Toplulugu - Sineyorum

Yahoo! kullaniyor musunuz?

Istenmeyen postadan biktiniz mi? Istenmeyen postadan en iyi korunma
Yahoo! Posta'da
http://tr.mail.yahoo.com--
xubuntu-users mailing list
xubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com

Old 12-31-2007, 01:09 PM
Vincent

As some of you may know I had difficulty with Xubuntu 7.10 to configure my monitors DPI settings. 1 of the suggestions made to me by Xfce Community was to wait for
4.4.2 because they said we will be able to make DPI configuration via control panel in 4.4.2. And now it is here and I have 2 question:
*- Did the setting mentioned really come, I mean are we able to change monitors DPI setting via a control panel easily?
*- Does Xubuntu 7.10 have upgrade package for 4.4.2 or should I wait for next Xubuntu release? (I never built a desktop environment from source and have difficulty doing so for even basic applications so it is not an option to build from source )

Hi,

Xubuntu 7.10 will only receive security patched I believe, but 4.4.2 is already packaged for 8.04:
http://packages.ubuntu.com/cgi-bin/search_packages.pl?keywords=xfce4&searchon=names&s ubword=1&version=all&release=all
--
Vincent