-   -   acer aspire 3640 bootup problem (http://www.linux-archive.org/xubuntu-user/17071-acer-aspire-3640-bootup-problem.html)

Frank Tao 12-11-2007 01:30 PM

acer aspire 3640 bootup problem

Hi group,

Is there anyone runing ubuntu on Acer Aspire 3640 laptop?
I installed the xubuntu 7.10 from live-CD and everything seems get right, but when I boot up the computer I found the boot progress screen didn't appear (the screen which contains ubuntu logo and a bootup progress bar). Besides, it took a very very long time to enter into X window. I don't know how to handle this problem, any suggestion will be greatly appreciated! Thanks.

solotim
Tue, 11 Dec 2007 22:24:49 +0800

solotim 12-12-2007 12:20 AM

acer aspire 3640 bootup problem

Hi, Erik

Thanks for your reply.
Actually I didn't do any configuration around, I just installed ubuntu
from liveCD to harddisk and rebbot. It's a little bit weird that the x
window of livceCD is work extremly well, but why can't the
harddisk-installed one?
By the way, the computer is a dual-boot machine, which have both
windows XP and ubuntu. The video chip should be ATI Xpress 200M.

Frank

在 07-12-12,Erik<erinux@gmail.com> 写道: