Old 06-02-2008, 05:25 AM
"Cody A.W. Somerville"

Default Announcement: Xubuntu Meeting June 18th @ 8:00pm UTC & June 21st @ 5:00pm UTC

Hello everyone,

I would like to announce the second mass Xubuntu community meeting which will be held on June 18th @ 8:00pm (2000) UTC. At this meeting, we will discuss the second draft of the Xubuntu strategy document which is an revised version based on community feedback. This meeting will allow interested parties (Xubuntu developers, Xubuntu community members, Xubuntu users, and anyone interested in seeing Xubuntu being successful) to discuss the document and ways that we can improve it. Suggestions and feedback gathered at this hour long meeting will be used to to produce the final draft.

On June 21st @ 5:00pm (1700) UTC a second meeting will take place. At this meeting, we will discuss the priorities and specifications for Intrepid for roughly half an hour to three quarters of an hour. Following, we will all hop on Gobby and work on improving the document collaboratively (particular the standards procedures section). By the end of this meeting, we will have a set of goals for Intrepid and the candidate Xubuntu strategy document.

On June 23rd, I will announce (if all goes well) the official ratification of the Xubuntu strategy document and the official goals for Intrepid. I believe this schedule provides ample opportunity for individual community members to express their ideas, concerns, frustrations, excitement, approval, etc. and will result in a document that is supported and legitimized by its community.

I encourage everyone with an interest in the Xubuntu project to come and participate. If you're a MOTU-hopeful, MOTU, or core-dev who has been thinking about contributing to the Xubuntu project then now is an excellent time to do so. Xubuntu is what it is because of who we all are. If you can't make the meeting (or if you want to get a started right away), please now feel free to develop the "Standard Operations" section at https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Xubuntu/Specifications/Intrepid/StrategyDocument

I look forward to seeing you all on the 18th and 21st of June later this month.

Thank you,

--
Cody A.W. Somerville
Software Engineer