-   -   after upgrade to 8.10 xfce4 won't start (http://www.linux-archive.org/xubuntu-development/77532-after-upgrade-8-10-xfce4-wont-start.html)

trollord 04-27-2008 11:41 AM

after upgrade to 8.10 xfce4 won't start

** Changed in: meta-xfce4 (Ubuntu)
Sourcepackagename: None => meta-xfce4

--
after upgrade to 8.10 xfce4 won't start
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/222906
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Xubuntu
Team, which is subscribed to meta-xfce4 in ubuntu.

Launchpad Bug Tracker 04-27-2008 12:41 PM

after upgrade to 8.10 xfce4 won't start

I edited /usr/share/xsessions/xfce4.desktop and it worked. I gave full
path to exec. startxfce4 worked.... then had to use xfce4-session in
order to log in? I also removed other language comments

ProblemType: Bug
Architecture: i386
PATH=/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/sbin:/bin:/usr/games
LANG=en_US.UTF-8
SourcePackage: yelp
Uname: Linux 2.6.24-16-generic i686

** Affects: meta-xfce4 (Ubuntu)