Old 04-26-2008, 10:13 PM
afoglia

Default xfce4-terminal window borders / decorations / widgets being incorrectly drawn (xubuntu 8.04)

I can confirm this. I just upgraded to hardy on my old Sony Vaio (PCG-
F590K), and the window decorations are solid black.

--
xfce4-terminal window borders / decorations / widgets being incorrectly drawn (xubuntu 8.04)
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/194769

Old 04-26-2008, 10:18 PM
afoglia

I'm upgrading the status to "Confirmed." Not only do I have it, but
someone else posted a message about it on the forums.
http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?p=4794749#post4794749

** Changed in: xfce4-terminal (Ubuntu)

Old 04-27-2008, 06:22 PM
Prosthetic Head

Just had a quick look and your sony f590k is listed as using the "NeoMagic MagicMedia™ 256XL+" graphics chip.
My IBM 600E uses the "NeoMagic MagicMedia™ 256AV"
So maybe it is an issue with the driver for this series of NeoMagic chips, and / or how whatever toolkit draws the widgits for the xfce4-terminal talks to it? I'm not an expert on this type of issue, so i could very well be wrong, just a thought

Old 04-28-2008, 11:56 AM
Mathias

Hi,
I can also confirm this problem. I have a HP Omnibook 4150, upgraded from Xubuntu 7.10 to 8.04. The xfce-terminal worked with 7.10 but there seems to be a problem with 8.04. The terminal is blurry and unusable. I think my 4150 has a Neomagic MagicGraph NM2200 graphics chipset.
My teminal looks like this (found in another description of the problem, not from my screen but it looks excactly like this):
http://launchpadlibrarian.net/10924129/Capture-Xubuntu%20Hardy%20%5BEn%20fonction%5D%20-%20innotek%20VirtualBox.png

Old 04-28-2008, 12:13 PM
Prosthetic Head

Ok, so so far everyone who has reported this problem is using a Neomagic MagicGraph chip, and i think they all have been with the same driver.
Looks like now Hardy is out quite a few people are having the problem with this hardware/software combination.

Old 04-30-2008, 02:19 PM
james_vanb

Problem is extreme on Dell Latitude CP M233ST with NeoMagic 2160 with
video controler in Hardy. When entering a command in terminal, nothing
shows up. I have to minimize and then maximize the screen and the
command will show or hit enter and hope there are no typos. Screen
appears split with coloring that looks like it has been corrupted.
Terminal virtually unusable. Is there a workaround while this issue is
being looked at? I would hate to have to revert back to Gutsy.

Old 04-30-2008, 03:01 PM
Prosthetic Head

For a work around, you can use another terminal emulator (aterm, xterm,
gnome-terminal, etc, etc) or ctrl+alt+f2
Its not ideal and I hope somone who knows about these things has some time
to take a look at it soon.

On Wed, Apr 30, 2008 at 3:19 PM, james_vanb <vanbergenj@sbcglobal.net>
wrote:

> Problem is extreme on Dell Latitude CP M233ST with NeoMagic 2160 with
> video controler in Hardy. When entering a command in terminal, nothing
> shows up. I have to minimize and then maximize the screen and the
> command will show or hit enter and hope there are no typos. Screen
> appears split with coloring that looks like it has been corrupted.
> Terminal virtually unusable. Is there a workaround while this issue is
> being looked at? I would hate to have to revert back to Gutsy.
>
> --
> xfce4-terminal window borders / decorations / widgets being incorrectly
> drawn (xubuntu 8.04)
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/194769
> You received this bug notification because you are a direct subscriber
> of the bug.

** Attachment added: "unnamed"
http://launchpadlibrarian.net/14046220/unnamed