Old 04-21-2008, 02:44 PM
Jarlath

Default no help for xubuntu "users and groups"

** Changed in: xubuntu-meta (Ubuntu)
Sourcepackagename: None => xubuntu-meta
Assignee: (unassigned) => Jarlath (jarlathreidy)

--
no help for xubuntu "users and groups"
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/220255

Old 04-21-2008, 03:44 PM
Launchpad Bug Tracker

Xubuntu Hardy RC from the alternate CD.

Select Applications->System->Users and Groups

Select Help

--> Popup
Could not display help
Failed to execute process "gnome-help" (No such file or directory)

Unlocking the dialog does not change this behaviour.

** Affects: xubuntu-meta (Ubuntu)

Old 04-23-2008, 09:03 PM
Jarlath

** Changed in: xubuntu-meta (Ubuntu)
Assignee: Jarlath (jarlathreidy) => (unassigned)

Old 04-26-2008, 10:51 AM
Len Goddard

I'm new to this so I'm not too sure what incomplete means, so I'll just
expand on the description.

If you install Xubuntu from the 7.10 or 8.04 Alternate CD, then you cannot get help from the Users and Groups panel.
The error popup says that "gnome-help" is not present.

If you put the Xubuntu-desktop package over a standard Ubuntu install
then all is well (at least on 7.04).

If you install Xubuntu 7.10 (from the alternate) and upgrade to 8.04 then you seem to pick up the help package
somewhere along the line.

Old 04-26-2008, 12:19 PM
Jim Campbell

Hi Len, thanks for your report. I think that the problem is that the
users-and-groups application is a gnome-based (think Ubuntu)
application, and Xubuntu does not install the gnome-based help system
(the Yelp application). If you wish, you can install the Yelp and
ubuntu-doc packages, and this should resolve the issue for you. Xubuntu
has previously not installed Yelp so that we could keep the system a
little lighter.

Xubuntu does have users-and-groups documentation, but it is just
included in firefox. Click on the life-preserver icon in the top panel,
and then look for the documentation link.

If this does not answer your question, please re-open this bug. Thanks!