Old 09-18-2012, 09:09 PM
Jonathan Nadeau

Default Another thing about orca and xfce

Hey list,

Here is one thing I forgot to mention to see if this might be a fix. On
Ubuntu 11.10 after a fresh install you had to issue this command. The
reason for this command was Orca could read the desktop and menu but if
you opened an application like say firefox orca would not read it like
the problem I'm having in xfce. Again here is the command I had to issue
in Gnome maybe it is a little different under xfce. Please let me know
if this would work.

gconftool-2 -s -t bool /desktop/gnome/interface/accessibility true

Would something like this fix my problem? Thanks for your time and help.

--
Jonathan Nadeau http://www.jnadeau.org
FrostbiteMedia http://www.frostbitemedia.org

Old 09-19-2012, 02:14 PM
Brian Smith

Hello Jonathan Nadeau,

Your mentioned command should work if you are also using the rest of the
gnome-services. However, this does tend to bog down xfce with other
services that may not really be needed, although still not as bad as
GNOME itself. To try it, go to the xfce4-menu > Settings >
Settings-Manager > Session and Startup > go to the advanced tab, and
check the "Launch GNOME services on startup" check-box... then log-out,
and back in...

Hope it helps, and good luck.

--
Thanks,