Old 09-18-2012, 08:29 PM
Jonathan Nadeau

Default Orca and xfce

Hello list,

i'm a blind user and I use the Orca screen reader. I've been working on
getting Orca to work with xfce. So far everything has been going really
well. So far I've been able to make the xfce desktop accessible along
with the xfce menu and other programs such as pidgin. Here is a problem
that I'm having. When I open firefox and thunderbird Orca can't read
anything in these programs. Using the gnome desktop both of these
programs are very accessible. So i'm not sure what I could be missing.
I noticed that there is a package firefox-gnome-support and this was
already installed. I also installed gedit and this application was
accessible without having to do anything to it. Any help would be
greatly appreciated. This would be a big boost for the blind community
to have a light and fast desktop to use as an alternative to Gnome.
Thanks for your time and help.