Old 09-13-2012, 09:43 PM
Pasi Lallinaho

Default Reviewing the documentation

Hello people,

There's still a few sections and subpages that need (re-)reviewing, and
here's the full list:

2/Upgrading from and older version of Xubuntu
4/Quick Guide to default applications
4/Photos and Cameras; RE-REVIEW
4/Music;RE-REVIEW
4/Movies, DVDs and Videos
4/Burning CDs and DVDs
5/Network Connections; RE-REVIEW
5/Troubleshooting; RE-REVIEW
5/Connecting to Servers
6/Printing
6/Scanning
9/Suspending and Hibernating your computer; RE-REVIEW
10/Administrative tasks
10/Users and Groups
11/The command line

I've set up a pad to track the documentation reviewing progress [1]. For
those pages that need re-reviewing, please check the pad for more
information on what to specifically look for and/or what has changed
since the last time it was under review.

All the rewritten pages can be found at the documentation rewrite wiki
[2]. Once you've reviewed a page, please send an email to this list (you
can also edit the "Conf:" -line for the appropriate section(s) in the
pad) so we can track down the reviews and eventually, check out the pages.

If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask. Both this list and
#xubuntu-devel work well for any questions.

Cheers,
Pasi

[1] http://typewith.me/p/x-q-docs-checkout
[2] http://dagobah.princessleia.com/Xubuntu/12.10

Leader of Shimmer Project and Xubuntu http://shimmerproject.org/

Old 09-14-2012, 03:03 AM
"Dan 'Da Man'"

Where are the DocBook conversions going to be housed/stored?* Are you using a script to do the conversion or will it be done manually?

--

Pasi Lallinaho (knome) * * * * * * * * * * * http://open.knome.fi/

Leader of Shimmer Project and Xubuntu * * * http://shimmerproject.org/

Graphic artist, webdesigner, Ubuntu member * http://xubuntu.org/

Old 09-14-2012, 03:30 AM
Elizabeth Krumbach

On Thu, Sep 13, 2012 at 8:03 PM, Dan 'Da Man' <heymrdjd@gmail.com> wrote:
> Where are the DocBook conversions going to be housed/stored? Are you using
> a script to do the conversion or will it be done manually?

It's being done manually.

The current docs live in bzr on on launchpad.net here:
https://code.launchpad.net/xubuntu-docs

We'll be doing merge proposals against that, Pasi has already done a
nice chunk of them in a bzr branch of his own, he can fill you in more
there.

--
Elizabeth Krumbach // Lyz // pleia2
http://www.princessleia.com

Old 09-14-2012, 08:24 AM
"Dan 'Da Man'"

Pasi,

Can you let us know what portions of the rewrite you have converted to DocBook?* Can you push your bzr branch to launchpad.net so that we could avoid redundancy of the conversion?

Old 09-14-2012, 10:46 AM
Pasi Lallinaho

Can you let us know what portions of the rewrite you have
converted to DocBook?* Can you push your bzr branch to launchpad.net
so that we could avoid redundancy of the conversion?

Every section/subpage that is underlined in the wiki is converted.
Sections 3 and 7 should be safe to convert now. Let us know if you
start working with either one.

Cheers,

Pasi

Leader of Shimmer Project and Xubuntu http://shimmerproject.org/

Old 09-14-2012, 11:43 AM
Pasi Lallinaho

On 09/14/2012 01:46 PM, Pasi Lallinaho
Can you let us know what portions of the rewrite you have
converted to DocBook?* Can you push your bzr branch to launchpad.net
so that we could avoid redundancy of the conversion?

Every section/subpage that is underlined in the wiki is converted.
Sections 3 and 7 should be safe to convert now. Let us know if you
start working with either one.

Cheers,

Pasi

Leader of Shimmer Project and Xubuntu http://shimmerproject.org/

I will start working on section 3 now.

Pasi

Leader of Shimmer Project and Xubuntu *http://shimmerproject.org/

Old 09-14-2012, 01:09 PM
Pasi Lallinaho

On 09/14/2012 02:43 PM, Pasi Lallinaho
Can you let us know what portions of the rewrite you have
converted to DocBook?* Can you push your bzr branch to launchpad.net
so that we could avoid redundancy of the conversion?

Every section/subpage that is underlined in the wiki is
converted. Sections 3 and 7 should be safe to convert now. Let
us know if you start working with either one.

Cheers,

Pasi

Leader of Shimmer Project and Xubuntu http://shimmerproject.org/

I will start working on section 3 now.

Pasi

Leader of Shimmer Project and Xubuntu *http://shimmerproject.org/

Section 3 done and pushed to the branch [1].

Pasi

[1] https://code.launchpad.net/~knome/+junk/xubuntu-docs

Leader of Shimmer Project and Xubuntu *http://shimmerproject.org/

Old 09-14-2012, 01:50 PM
Pasi Lallinaho

On 09/14/2012 04:09 PM, Pasi Lallinaho
Can you let us know what portions of the rewrite you have
converted to DocBook?* Can you push your bzr branch to launchpad.net
so that we could avoid redundancy of the conversion?

Every section/subpage that is underlined in the wiki is
converted. Sections 3 and 7 should be safe to convert now. Let
us know if you start working with either one.

Cheers,

Pasi

Leader of Shimmer Project and Xubuntu http://shimmerproject.org/

I will start working on section 3 now.

Pasi

Leader of Shimmer Project and Xubuntu *http://shimmerproject.org/

Section 3 done and pushed to the branch [1].

Pasi

[1] https://code.launchpad.net/~knome/+junk/xubuntu-docs

Leader of Shimmer Project and Xubuntu *http://shimmerproject.org/

Starting work on section 7 now.