Old 09-14-2012, 11:45 PM
Jack Fromm

Default Reviewing the documentation

On 09/13/2012 05:43 PM, Pasi Lallinaho wrote:

Hello people,

There's still a few sections and subpages that need (re-)reviewing, and
here's the full list:

2/Upgrading from and older version of Xubuntu
4/Quick Guide to default applications
4/Photos and Cameras; RE-REVIEW
4/Music;RE-REVIEW
4/Movies, DVDs and Videos
4/Burning CDs and DVDs
5/Network Connections; RE-REVIEW
5/Troubleshooting; RE-REVIEW
5/Connecting to Servers
6/Printing
6/Scanning
9/Suspending and Hibernating your computer; RE-REVIEW
10/Administrative tasks
10/Users and Groups
11/The command line

I've set up a pad to track the documentation reviewing progress [1]. For
those pages that need re-reviewing, please check the pad for more
information on what to specifically look for and/or what has changed
since the last time it was under review.

All the rewritten pages can be found at the documentation rewrite wiki
[2]. Once you've reviewed a page, please send an email to this list (you
can also edit the "Conf:" -line for the appropriate section(s) in the
pad) so we can track down the reviews and eventually, check out the pages.

If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask. Both this list and
#xubuntu-devel work well for any questions.

Cheers,
Pasi

[1] http://typewith.me/p/x-q-docs-checkout
[2] http://dagobah.princessleia.com/Xubuntu/12.10

Re-re-reviewed:

Network
Connections

Troubleshooting

because I found out that the Network Manager click behaviour change
(from left- to right-click) was temporary in Beta 1 and is now back
to the way it's always been.

Old 09-15-2012, 12:25 AM
Jack Fromm

[...]

Reviewed Upgrading
from an older version of Xubuntu. I changed all instances of
"Update Manager" to "Software Updater" but was not able to confirm
everything. For example, I could not confirm that the prompts about
a new version being available still appear as they used to. Also,
the "Check" option to manually force a check for available software
updates appears to be gone from Quantal but I think someone else
would have to confirm that.

Old 09-15-2012, 07:01 AM
Pasi Lallinaho

On 09/15/2012 02:20 AM, Jack Fromm
[...]

I reviewed (confirmed?):

Administrative

Tasks

Users

and Groups

The

Command Line

Just corrected a couple of typos, changed one menu path and
re-worded one information line.

These are now converted to DocBook.

Pasi

Leader of Shimmer Project and Xubuntu *http://shimmerproject.org/

Old 09-15-2012, 02:07 PM
Jack Fromm

[...]

I have reviewed Photos
and Cameras and made some changes. The last edit needs to be
reviewed again because I could not duplicate the original
instructions for printing from Image Viewer. I struck out the steps
in that section and replaced them with a proposed procedure for
printing from gThumb.

Jack

Old 09-15-2012, 02:30 PM
Jack Fromm

[...]

Confirmed Burning
CDs and DVDs.

Old 09-15-2012, 05:13 PM
Jack Fromm

[...]

Confirmed Connecting
to Servers.

Old 09-15-2012, 05:19 PM
Pasi Lallinaho

On 09/15/2012 08:13 PM, Jack Fromm
[...]

I'm hoping the submitters don't confirm their own pages (just to get
an another pair of eyes); but if that means you've checked the
application paths are correct - great!

Old 09-16-2012, 07:49 PM
Elizabeth Krumbach

On Sun, Sep 16, 2012 at 12:05 PM, Dan 'Da Man' <heymrdjd@gmail.com> wrote:
> What method are people using to render the source code at lp:xubuntu-docs or
> Pasi's code branch?

Pasi's branch, but we're in the middle of moving things around so
everything is appropriately settled for the ubuntu-doc team to look at
it since they are the ones who actually have to approve by Thursday
(we had to move it, but it looks like we'll have to move it again...)

Once we have a formal check-in place, we'll let you know.

--
Elizabeth Krumbach // Lyz // pleia2
http://www.princessleia.com

Old 09-16-2012, 08:53 PM
Pasi Lallinaho

What method are people using to render the source code at lp:xubuntu-docs or
Pasi's code branch?

Pasi's branch, but we're in the middle of moving things around so
everything is appropriately settled for the ubuntu-doc team to look at
it since they are the ones who actually have to approve by Thursday
(we had to move it, but it looks like we'll have to move it again...)

Once we have a formal check-in place, we'll let you know.

Dan,

the documentation has been now converted to DocBook (I remember you
asked about that earlier), but here's the quick guide on how to build
the docs:

1) Install gnome-doc-utils, docbook and docbook-utils
2) In the branch directory, run 'make'
3) The documentation should be built at build/

The new location for my branch is
https://code.launchpad.net/~knome/ubuntu/quantal/xubuntu-docs/new-docs