-   -   Windows Button Resize - Suggestion (http://www.linux-archive.org/xubuntu-development/698534-windows-button-resize-suggestion.html)

Nick Nick 08-28-2012 05:18 PM

Windows Button Resize - Suggestion

Hello, Xubuntu Team !

I have a suggestion. I've been recently thinking if it is possible to change the lenght of Window buttons in panel. I thought it might be a good idea to add a custom pixel lenght size in the Properties menu, so it can be manipulated more easily. I searched a little in the net and I found a way how to do it with Terminal - http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1893405
I believe you can do it graphicaly just like in my image. I would love to use this feature in future if you decide to do it :)

Here is the photo - http://s13.postimage.org/osj3li953/Image_example.png

I really hope I can see it one day in Xubuntu !

Best wishes
Nick

*

Pasi Lallinaho 08-28-2012 06:47 PM

Windows Button Resize - Suggestion

On 08/28/2012 08:18 PM, Nick Nick
I have a suggestion. I've been recently thinking if it is possible
to change the lenght of Window buttons in panel. I thought it
might be a good idea to add a custom pixel lenght size in the
Properties menu, so it can be manipulated more easily. I searched
a little in the net and I found a way how to do it with Terminal -

I believe you can do it graphicaly just like in my image. I would
love to use this feature in future if you decide to do it :)

Here is the photo -
http://s13.postimage.org/osj3li953/Image_example.png

I really hope I can see it one day in Xubuntu !

Best wishes

Nick

*

Probably better to send this wishlist item upstream, to Xfce.

Pasi

--
Pasi Lallinaho (knome) » http://open.knome.fi/
Leader of Shimmer Project and Xubuntu »*http://shimmerproject.org/

Simon Steinbeiß 08-28-2012 06:58 PM

Windows Button Resize - Suggestion

On Tue, 28 Aug 2012 21:47:59 +0300
Pasi Lallinaho <pasi@shimmerproject.org> wrote:

> On 08/28/2012 08:18 PM, Nick Nick wrote:
> > Hello, Xubuntu Team !
> >
> > I have a suggestion. I've been recently thinking if it is possible to
> > change the lenght of Window buttons in panel. I thought it might be a
> > good idea to add a custom pixel lenght size in the Properties menu, so
> > it can be manipulated more easily. I searched a little in the net and
> > I found a way how to do it with Terminal -
> > http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1893405
> > I believe you can do it graphicaly just like in my image. I would love
> > to use this feature in future if you decide to do it :)
> >
> > Here is the photo - http://s13.postimage.org/osj3li953/Image_example.png
> >
> > I really hope I can see it one day in Xubuntu !
> >

> > Best wishes
> > Nick
> >

> Probably better to send this wishlist item upstream, to Xfce.
>
> Pasi

Since this is something that can be modified in Gtk2 themes a bugreport upstream wouldn't make too much sense.

I recently dropped fixing the fontsize in the window-button plugin, because it's potentially problematic with different DPI settings.
I wouldn't make the window-buttons a fixed width for the same reason.

Cheers,
Simon