Old 08-28-2012, 12:59 AM
Pasi Lallinaho

Default Documentation / Docbook experts/editors, where art thou?

Hello!

The documentation rewriting is coming along slowly but rather steadily.
There's a lot to be done, so everybody who is able to help, please
navigate to the documentation wiki [1] and start working.

A few words before that, though: the sections with *bolded* titles are
"signed off" or as you might say, ready to publish. No need to touch
those. The sections that have been -striked- out will be either left out
or are already grouped under other pages. No need to touch those either.
The rest of the pages are still to be written, to be reviewed and such.
If something isn't up-to-date, if something doesn't exist or if you
think you can say something much shorter and better – feel free to go
ahead and edit!

Oh, and one more thing. We encourage you to register to the wiki so we
can follow who did what a bit better. Not to say we are watching if you
make mistakes.

Also, at this stage, we'd like the ones in the Docbook editors group to
step up now. Boldly, please. You can reply to this mail too, but please
join #xubuntu-devel, say "hi, my name is [nomen] i've signed up as a
docbook editor" (even those who haven't signed up can say that too, we
won't tell anybody!) and try to hang out there as much as possible so we
can get a hold of you, and talk. It's OK if you don't know anything
about Docbook. Just come hang around and we'll see what we can do. But
please take action as soon as possible – the documentation string freeze
is around the corner soon too!

Cheers,
Pasi

[1] http://dagobah.princessleia.com/Xubuntu/12.10

--
Pasi Lallinaho (knome) » http://open.knome.fi/
Leader of Shimmer Project and Xubuntu » http://shimmerproject.org/

Old 08-28-2012, 11:17 AM
Rich Dennis

[...]

I'd like to contribute. Join #xubuntu-devel - when? What day of the
week? What time of the day?

Old 08-28-2012, 11:20 AM
Pasi Lallinaho

On 08/28/2012 02:17 PM, Rich Dennis wrote:
> On 08/27/2012 08:59 PM, Pasi Lallinaho wrote:
>> Hello!
>>
>> The documentation rewriting is coming along slowly but rather steadily.
>> There's a lot to be done, so everybody who is able to help, please
>> navigate to the documentation wiki [1] and start working.
>>
>> A few words before that, though: the sections with *bolded* titles are
>> "signed off" or as you might say, ready to publish. No need to touch
>> those. The sections that have been -striked- out will be either left out
>> or are already grouped under other pages. No need to touch those either.
>> The rest of the pages are still to be written, to be reviewed and such.
>> If something isn't up-to-date, if something doesn't exist or if you
>> think you can say something much shorter and better – feel free to go
>> ahead and edit!
>>
>> Oh, and one more thing. We encourage you to register to the wiki so we
>> can follow who did what a bit better. Not to say we are watching if you
>> make mistakes.
>>

>> Also, at this stage, we'd like the ones in the Docbook editors group to
>> step up now. Boldly, please. You can reply to this mail too, but please
>> join #xubuntu-devel, say "hi, my name is [nomen] i've signed up as a
>> docbook editor" (even those who haven't signed up can say that too, we
>> won't tell anybody!) and try to hang out there as much as possible so we
>> can get a hold of you, and talk. It's OK if you don't know anything
>> about Docbook. Just come hang around and we'll see what we can do. But
>> please take action as soon as possible – the documentation string freeze
>> is around the corner soon too!
>>

>> Cheers,
>> Pasi
>>
>> [1] http://dagobah.princessleia.com/Xubuntu/12.10
>>
> I'd like to contribute. Join #xubuntu-devel - when? What day of the
> week? What time of the day?

Any and any. Many of us are monitoring the channel while awake, and most
of have a shell, so we can read the backlog when we come back.

Cheers,
Pasi

Old 08-28-2012, 05:27 PM
"Dan 'Da Man'"

I can contribute some time to help with editing DocBook as well.

Old 08-28-2012, 06:47 PM
Pasi Lallinaho

Get around to #xubuntu-devel on
Freenode and we'll guide you.

Pasi

Old 08-29-2012, 12:41 PM
Ho Wan Chan

Yeah! I finally got my first edit on the Wiki. It is about to upgrade Xubuntu using terminal instead of the update manager.
Hopefully I can do more

Regards,
Howard Chan (smartboyhw @ Freenode)

Old 08-29-2012, 09:20 PM
James Freer

On Wed, Aug 29, 2012 at 1:41 PM, Ho Wan Chan <smartboyhw@gmail.com> wrote:
> Yeah! I finally got my first edit on the Wiki. It is about to upgrade
> Xubuntu using terminal instead of the update manager.
> Hopefully I can do more
>
> Regards,
> Howard Chan (smartboyhw @ Freenode)
>

> 2012/8/28 Pasi Lallinaho <pasi@shimmerproject.org>
>>
>> Hello!
>>
>> The documentation rewriting is coming along slowly but rather steadily.
>> There's a lot to be done, so everybody who is able to help, please
>> navigate to the documentation wiki [1] and start working.
>>
>> A few words before that, though: the sections with *bolded* titles are
>> "signed off" or as you might say, ready to publish. No need to touch
>> those. The sections that have been -striked- out will be either left out
>> or are already grouped under other pages. No need to touch those either.
>> The rest of the pages are still to be written, to be reviewed and such.
>> If something isn't up-to-date, if something doesn't exist or if you
>> think you can say something much shorter and better – feel free to go
>> ahead and edit!
>>
>> Oh, and one more thing. We encourage you to register to the wiki so we
>> can follow who did what a bit better. Not to say we are watching if you
>> make mistakes.
>>

>> Also, at this stage, we'd like the ones in the Docbook editors group to
>> step up now. Boldly, please. You can reply to this mail too, but please
>> join #xubuntu-devel, say "hi, my name is [nomen] i've signed up as a
>> docbook editor" (even those who haven't signed up can say that too, we
>> won't tell anybody!) and try to hang out there as much as possible so we
>> can get a hold of you, and talk. It's OK if you don't know anything
>> about Docbook. Just come hang around and we'll see what we can do. But
>> please take action as soon as possible – the documentation string freeze
>> is around the corner soon too!
>>

>> Cheers,
>> Pasi

I don't know why but i don't seem to able to get on it.

james

Old 08-30-2012, 10:00 AM
Pasi Lallinaho

On 08/30/2012 12:20 AM, James Freer wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 29, 2012 at 1:41 PM, Ho Wan Chan <smartboyhw@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Yeah! I finally got my first edit on the Wiki. It is about to upgrade
>> Xubuntu using terminal instead of the update manager.
>> Hopefully I can do more
>>
>> Regards,
>> Howard Chan (smartboyhw @ Freenode)
>>

>> 2012/8/28 Pasi Lallinaho <pasi@shimmerproject.org>
>>> Hello!
>>>
>>> The documentation rewriting is coming along slowly but rather steadily.
>>> There's a lot to be done, so everybody who is able to help, please
>>> navigate to the documentation wiki [1] and start working.
>>>
>>> A few words before that, though: the sections with *bolded* titles are
>>> "signed off" or as you might say, ready to publish. No need to touch
>>> those. The sections that have been -striked- out will be either left out
>>> or are already grouped under other pages. No need to touch those either.
>>> The rest of the pages are still to be written, to be reviewed and such.
>>> If something isn't up-to-date, if something doesn't exist or if you
>>> think you can say something much shorter and better – feel free to go
>>> ahead and edit!
>>>
>>> Oh, and one more thing. We encourage you to register to the wiki so we
>>> can follow who did what a bit better. Not to say we are watching if you
>>> make mistakes.
>>>

>>> Also, at this stage, we'd like the ones in the Docbook editors group to
>>> step up now. Boldly, please. You can reply to this mail too, but please
>>> join #xubuntu-devel, say "hi, my name is [nomen] i've signed up as a
>>> docbook editor" (even those who haven't signed up can say that too, we
>>> won't tell anybody!) and try to hang out there as much as possible so we
>>> can get a hold of you, and talk. It's OK if you don't know anything
>>> about Docbook. Just come hang around and we'll see what we can do. But
>>> please take action as soon as possible – the documentation string freeze
>>> is around the corner soon too!
>>>

>>> Cheers,
>>> Pasi
> I don't know why but i don't seem to able to get on it.
>
> james

Looks like the server is down right now if that's what you mean. We'll
fix it ASAP.

Cheers,
Pasi

Old 08-30-2012, 01:03 PM
Elizabeth Krumbach

On Thu, Aug 30, 2012 at 3:00 AM, Pasi Lallinaho <pasi@shimmerproject.org> wrote:
> On 08/30/2012 12:20 AM, James Freer wrote:
>> I don't know why but i don't seem to able to get on it.
>>
>> james
>>

> Looks like the server is down right now if that's what you mean. We'll
> fix it ASAP.

This is unrelated, the server was only down for 3 hours (it's running
on a cheap VM). It's back up now.

James - what do you mean "get on it"? Is the page not loading? Or you
can't log in?

--
Elizabeth Krumbach // Lyz // pleia2
http://www.princessleia.com

Old 09-17-2012, 12:27 AM
James Freer

On Thu, 30 Aug 2012, Elizabeth Krumbach wrote:

On Thu, Aug 30, 2012 at 3:00 AM, Pasi Lallinaho <pasi@shimmerproject.org> wrote:

On 08/30/2012 12:20 AM, James Freer wrote:

I don't know why but i don't seem to able to get on it.

james

Looks like the server is down right now if that's what you mean. We'll
fix it ASAP.

This is unrelated, the server was only down for 3 hours (it's running
on a cheap VM). It's back up now.

James - what do you mean "get on it"? Is the page not loading? Or you
can't log in?

--
Elizabeth Krumbach // Lyz // pleia2
http://www.princessleia.com

Sorry i obviously looked in the wrong place or something. I look after my mother
with alzheimer's and recently has been very stressful.

I was hoping to contribute but this last few weeks i've suddenly had all sorts
to cope with. Now i've been removed from the list.

james