-   -   Xfburn in Dapper cannot burn an Iso file from USB drive (http://www.linux-archive.org/xubuntu-development/69566-xfburn-dapper-cannot-burn-iso-file-usb-drive.html)

Jérôme Guelfucci 04-14-2008 03:22 PM

Xfburn in Dapper cannot burn an Iso file from USB drive

Could you possibly try to reproduce this xfburn from svn ? xfburn has
been updated to use modern libs, it shouldn't crash now.

** Changed in: xfburn (Ubuntu)

--
Xfburn in Dapper cannot burn an Iso file from USB drive
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/120846

Jérôme Guelfucci 04-15-2008 05:29 PM

Xfburn in Dapper cannot burn an Iso file from USB drive

If you use gutsy, you can grab libisofs and libburn on my ppa:
https://launchpad.net/~jerome-guelfucci/+archive

First install all the deps needed: xfce4-dev-tools, libisofs-dev, libburn-dev, libgtk2.0-dev, libglib2.0-dev, libxfcegui4-dev, libexo-0.3-dev, libthunar-vfs-1-dev
I also advise to install build-essential and checkinstall to have all build tools and easily install from sources.

Then grab source from trunk: svn co http://svn.xfce.org/svn/goodies/xfburn/trunk
Then enter the following commands:
cd trunk
./autogen.sh
make
sudo checkinstall

In checkinstall, enter "n" for documentation pack and "0.3.0~svn1" for
version of the package. By default it also wants to name the package
"trunk". To modify the names to xfburn, when it says :

"Enter a number to change any of them or press ENTER to continue:" enter
2, and then add xfburn as new name.

Then it should build and install a new debian package which you will be
abale to remove with apt-get/aptitude/synaptic...

Thank you for your tests !

Jarno Suni 04-15-2008 09:08 PM

Xfburn in Dapper cannot burn an Iso file from USB drive

Should I be in home directory when giving the svn command? I couldn't
find libisofs-dev.

Jérôme Guelfucci 04-16-2008 06:55 AM

Xfburn in Dapper cannot burn an Iso file from USB drive

You can be in any folder, this command will just create a new folder
names trunk and download there the sources of xfburn. libisofs-dev is
available on my ppa, just click on the arrow near libisofs and select
there correct architecture. You can also add my ppa to your sources.list
to grab all dependencies easily.

Jarno Suni 04-25-2008 09:00 AM

Xfburn in Dapper cannot burn an Iso file from USB drive

Burning image from USB Flash drive using Xfburn 0.3.0~svn1-1 worked.
(Burning was slow, though. Maybe it didn't take the desired 4x speed
because of the small size of the ISO, 2MB)