Old 08-06-2012, 10:00 PM
Craig Cooper

Default Strange behaviour, Gimp and Inkscape.

Looking at the Xorg logs, it may be this is pthread related.

My system is using LPTM 2.x (or something like that)

Gimp and Inkscape possibly looking for pthreads 0.10 or similar.

I tried forcing pthreads to old behaviour with LD_ASSUME_KERNEL or
something, but to no avail. It stated it could not find any libraries,
but they were all there, in multiple places.

Managed to break my Xubuntu install, so this is my last post for quite a while.

CC.

Old 08-07-2012, 03:40 PM
Eero Tamminen

Hi,

On tiistai 07 elokuu 2012, Craig Cooper wrote:
> Looking at the Xorg logs, it may be this is pthread related.

Did it have a crash backtrace?

> My system is using LPTM 2.x (or something like that)
>
> Gimp and Inkscape possibly looking for pthreads 0.10 or similar.
>
> I tried forcing pthreads to old behaviour with LD_ASSUME_KERNEL or
> something, but to no avail.

Threading library is unlikely to be a problem. Something using
threading (wrongly) is much more likely.

> It stated it could not find any libraries, but they were all there,
> in multiple places.
>
> Managed to break my Xubuntu install, so this is my last post for quite a
> while.

- Eero