-   -   Slow desktop menu - just me? (http://www.linux-archive.org/xubuntu-development/690146-slow-desktop-menu-just-me.html)

Craig Cooper 08-03-2012 02:24 AM

Slow desktop menu - just me?

My desktop menu seems to be incredibly slow. Very slow on first load,
and it seems to miss a lot of right-clicks.

Is there a hidden timeout value for this that I am missing?

It is not much faster without icons... it appears to be XFCE4 based.

Cheers for any advice.

cc

Benoit 08-03-2012 07:49 AM

Slow desktop menu - just me?

Right-clic on the desktop -> desktop-settings -> Menus

Uncheck 'display the applications menu..."