-   -   Call for testing Quantal Quetzal 12.10 Alpha-3 milestone release (http://www.linux-archive.org/xubuntu-development/687191-call-testing-quantal-quetzal-12-10-alpha-3-milestone-release.html)

Janne Jokitalo 07-25-2012 06:52 AM

Call for testing Quantal Quetzal 12.10 Alpha-3 milestone release

Hi gang,

we have the third milestone release at hand for the current devel cycle. Once
again, contributor testing and bug hunting is more than appreciated, so we turn
to You again for helping us out!

I already wrote an extensive description on how to give feedback on the release
for the Alpha-2 testing, so if you'd be so kind, please read that email [0] for
details.

Most of the things remain the same, but just in case you're using direct links
instead of what's on websites, please check that:

- the builds you look for are found at [1]
- the date for the dailies is 20120724, example links at [2]
- instructions can be found at [3]

Thanks in advance for all your contributions, and for helping us make Xubuntu
better!

[0]: https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/xubuntu-devel/2012-June/008272.html
[1]: http://iso.qa.ubuntu.com/qatracker/milestones/226/builds
[2]: For alternate amd64 ISO image, the link is:
http://cdimage.ubuntu.com/xubuntu/daily/20120724/quantal-alternate-amd64.iso,
for desktop i386 ISO image, the link is:
http://cdimage.ubuntu.com/xubuntu/daily-live/20120724/quantal-desktop-i386.iso
[3]: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Xubuntu/Testing/

Best regards,

--
Jaska (astraljava on freenode.net)

Janne Jokitalo 07-25-2012 07:17 AM

Call for testing Quantal Quetzal 12.10 Alpha-3 milestone release

Just an update on this, or a small correction if you will.

Currently the ISO image is well over-weight for CDs, so you'll have to use USB
sticks or if your burning application supports it, blank DVDs, for creating the
boot media.

--
Jaska

Janne Jokitalo 07-25-2012 07:17 AM

Andrew Hamming 07-25-2012 12:45 PM

Call for testing Quantal Quetzal 12.10 Alpha-3 milestone release

I would like to do some testing for Xubuntu.

Question tho. It has taken some time to setup my system just right.

Are we allowed to test install to external usb hdd? I dont wont to
risk current setup.

Cheers

Hammo

Janne Jokitalo 07-25-2012 05:09 PM

On Wed, Jul 25, 2012 at 07:35:15AM -0500, Ryan Gauger wrote:
> To test bugs, wound you prefer if I installed it in a virtual machine?

Hi Ryan,

and thanks for showing the interest! The way that you test the install isn't
relevant. If you'd like, you can of course mention the hardware/virtual system
you used for testing. There's the HardwareProfile/ for this. But it isn't
absolutely necessary. The main thing is that it gets tested, and bugs get filed
if you run into such.

Thanks again!

Best regards,

--
Jaska (astraljava on freenode.net)

Janne Jokitalo 07-25-2012 05:11 PM

On Wed, Jul 25, 2012 at 10:45:58PM +1000, Andrew Hamming wrote:
> I would like to do some testing for Xubuntu.
>
> Question tho. It has taken some time to setup my system just right.
>
> Are we allowed to test install to external usb hdd? I dont wont to
> risk current setup.

Hi Andrew,

and thanks for you too for showing the interest! You can by all means install on
an external USB hard drive. In fact, the more variety we get as the testing
base, the better.

Best regards,

--
Jaska (astraljava on freenode.net)